Cruising vs Space Flight

PG Cruiser

I didn't know where to put this, so I'm just posting it here

Virgin's Richard Branson goes on a space flight today.  Would anyone here trade cruising for "space travel?"

It may seem so remote financially and practically at the moment but I'm sure cruising was this way in the early days.

43 minutes ago, Ray said:

Do i have to show proof of vaccine before i can board or have the Martians taken Virgin to court so no proof of vaccine is required? 

Those kinds of restrictions only apply to cruise travel.  All other forms of travel including space travel have no restrictions.  Wearing a space helmet is strongly encouraged.

I love flying! I would DEFINITELY go into space! Here's my ultimate itinerary: Fly to Port Canaveral from STL. Overnight the day before my spaceflight, because, duh, you don't want to fly in on the day of your (space) cruise! Then, get suited up, board, fly into space early in the morning, taking a couple of passes around the earth. Land, remove suit (I have my swimsuit on underneath) and disembark. Head over to the cruise terminal, check-in on Harmony, get my drink, head to the pool since I have my swimsuit from my spaceflight early in the day. That's my space flight itinerary! ?

BTW, I LOVE this thread!

Edit: I guess mine is more of a pre-cruise Cruise Planner excursion! ?

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

Ha ha ha ... I guess there's no escape from COVID related discussion.  I posted this hoping to provide a distraction from all that.

My reply was light hearted humour, if you dont laugh you will just cry

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Can I get a drink package? Is there a formal night? 

Only MOONshine available however for non alcohol drinkers there is a STARbucks lol 

If I was younger I’d go up for sure. 

I’m not all that old, but a comfortable and relatively early retirement is coming up.

I’m looking forward to relaxing and doing things on my own schedule.   I can’t see current space travel being all that relaxing. 

Honestly back in my Teen's when we first landed on the moon, I did not think it would take this long to get there. 

I fully expected a Mars landing before now. 

I'd fully be onboard with 2 caveats, I could afford it (not likely) and my doctor would me a clean bill of health to go (again not likely at my age now).

But what a thrill it would be, I still love the space flight ride in Epcot at WDW, its a least a 2fer when I'm there

23 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

I love flying! I would DEFINITELY go into space! Here's my ultimate itinerary: Fly to Port Canaveral from STL. Overnight the day before my spaceflight, because, duh, you don't want to fly in on the day of your (space) cruise! Then, get suited up, board, fly into space early in the morning, taking a couple of passes around the earth. Land, remove suit (I have my swimsuit on underneath) and disembark. Head over to the cruise terminal, check-in on Harmony, get my drink, head to the pool since I have my swimsuit from my spaceflight early in the day. That's my space flight itinerary! ?

BTW, I LOVE this thread!

Edit: I guess mine is more of a pre-cruise Cruise Planner excursion! ?

I would certainly sign up for that pre-cruise excursion!

Having done the Mission: Space ride on the Orange Line and experienced the full simulated G forces, I would have to say "no" to doing the real thing. Nearly blacked out and got serious tunnel vision at the peak G-forces, and I'm already very prone to motion sickness. I think I'd be a... sub-optimal... passenger for one of those LEO / sub-orbital trips.

Which is a shame, because I would seriously love to see the earth from that high up in person, not just on the TV screen. Never mind experience weightlessness and not feel any stress or strain on my arthritic ankles and heels.

47 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Jeff Bezos is launching the first manned Blue Origin “Space” Flight today.

I wonder how long it will take for these space flights to be offered as “shore” excursions from Galveston and Port Canaveral.

Wrong cruise line.  Did you mean to post this in the luxury yacht charter forum?  

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

Wrong cruise line.  Did you mean to post this in the luxury yacht charter forum?  

They were talking about how trains were initially only affordable by the rich, but eventually, mom and dad could afford train rides.

Soon, maybe in the next 100 years or so, mom and dad can go on space flights. Just ask George Jetson.