Cozumel

Firstrcelyse

13 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

My wife and I enjoyed the RC sponsored trip to Tulum. The ruins were interesting and the guides informative. Be aware, between the ferry and the bus tour, it is a long day

The reason we took the RC sponsored excursion is because it is such a long day, with two ferry trips involved. If for any reason the tour is delayed (bus breakdown, traffic, bad seas that delay the ferry) your ship will wait for you. There are so many things that can potentially delay this excursion that I highly recommend the RC version. Sure, you can save a few bucks on one through Viator, but is it worth it? Not for me.

8 hours ago, melmar02 said:

We've never done an excursion through the ship. We usually go on our own to Paradise Beach or we go with an independent dive operator if we don't have the kids. 

Are you looking for a beach day, something adventurous, shopping? 

Should have been more specific, has anyone used any excursion companies that they really like? Or does everyone stick with Royal Caribbean excursions?

52 minutes ago, DandA said:

booked my own tour with Trikes Cozumel; .....  I've also taken a cab downtown and explored on my own.

Loved Trikes Cozumel also - only drawback compared to Trikes Aruba is in Cozumel you have to wear a helmet.

if you go downtown and enjoy Art, Google "Cozumel Sea Wall Paintings"  we find them interesting and it is a no cost alternative.

Chichen Itza by Air! Buy it early, though. Price has nearly doubled since we bought it in March. It wasn't cheap to begin with. Think Alaska priced excursion. If you want to see Chichen Itza but don't want to boat over on the vomit comet, air will be the way to go. And, you won't have the long bus ride after the vomit comet. We are doing this in December and will be back on the ship before the regular excursions have even left the ruins. So, we will have seen the ruins for the same amount of time (if not more) than the bused people and no yucky fairy ride over AND BACK. ?