I already know what the answer will be..,

Pooch

After our March sailing with double suite points, we will be lowly platinums☹️.  But only 30 points from Diamond.  I have been asking myself “Self, since they extended the double points promotion, an 8 day sailing in a JS would get us to Diamond by the end of next year “. I blame each and every one of you for these evil thoughts.  So tell me oh great cruise gods, is  reaching Diamond that big a deal?  Does it get me any real perks or does it just sound good? “Oh yes, we are Diamond cruisers”. BTW hubby is all for it although he is not sure he wants only a silver sea pass card??

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

IMO, Diamond is the first C&A level that you start to see real benefits, the free drinks for one, access to the D lounge is another, and Hubby loves the two free photos lol. So worth it to get to Diamond? I say yes. 

You forgot to mention the firm handshake by the Captain when you first board the ship.?

49 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

IMHO RC needs to up the ante. 

To play devil's advocate, Royal gives their loyalty program the most benefits of any cruise line program. Free alcohol to Diamond and up is a classic example.

If you want to see a program that needs to up the ante, check out DCL's benefits. Ouch.

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

To play devil's advocate, Royal gives their loyalty program the most benefits of any cruise line program. Free alcohol to Diamond and up is a classic example.

If you want to see a program that needs to up the ante, check out DCL's benefits. Ouch.

Agree on that, RC is still best in the industry regarding member benefits. Disney is Disney and I wouldn’t ever expect to get a single perk from them. 

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

We are newly retired and I am having a terrible time convincing myself that we can now vacation whenever we want to.  We are fortunate that we have been frugal and that means we can afford it too.  I am going to email my TA just to get an idea of what’s available ?

Do it, do it, do it! Since they extended the promo, that now includes our 12 night Holy Land which then leaves us only 14 points to Diamond Plus. So I booked Harmony in a Central Park balcony (to save a little lol) to get us those 14 points. Got a decent deal. 

We’re only 2 hours from the port so can easily drive in the morning of

In addition to the free drinks, photos etc, your balcony discount will increase too. 

9 hours ago, Pooch said:

After our March sailing with double suite points, we will be lowly platinums☹️.  But only 30 points from Diamond.  I have been asking myself “Self, since they extended the double points promotion, an 8 day sailing in a JS would get us to Diamond by the end of next year “. I blame each and every one of you for these evil thoughts.  So tell me oh great cruise gods, is  reaching Diamond that big a deal?  Does it get me any real perks or does it just sound good? “Oh yes, we are Diamond cruisers”. BTW hubby is all for it although he is not sure he wants only a silver sea pass card??

@Poochwe are in the same boat as you point wise not retirement wise.  I used up my husbands two weeks a year vacation, I on the hand have 6 weeks (been with my company 20+ years).  We will be 11 points away.

Would me going on a cruise without hubby, thus I get to Diamond level, give him that level by marriage?