Drinks at speciality dining

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

Aren't there some drinks that exceed the price of even the deluxe inclusion?

Probably.  I know that there are some drink prices in the new polynesian-themed bar (can't recall the name of it at the moment) that will exceed the drink price threshold.  I'm sure there are in the MDR as well....and certainly there are wines that will exceed the price.  In that case, you just pay the overage plus 18% grat.

55 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Probably.  I know that there are some drink prices in the new polynesian-themed bar (can't recall the name of it at the moment) that will exceed the drink price threshold.  I'm sure there are in the MDR as well....and certainly there are wines that will exceed the price.  In that case, you just pay the overage plus 18% grat.

Bamboo Room?

In addition to places like the Bamboo Room, nearly all of the available wines in Vintages, the MDR, and elsewhere are over the drink package limit as well when buying by the glass. Pretty much the only thing you'll find in either red or white is stuff you'll find at home for around $9-$12 a bottle, not per glass. No knock on wines in that price range, my daily table wine is $9 a bottle and I love it.

That said, I'm on vacation so I like to step it up a notch or two, and try some wines I probably wouldn't buy at home unless it's a special occasion. I've found that unless you're buying the really frou-frou stuff, it'll be an extra $2-$6 up-charge (plus gratuity) per glass.