Harmony of the Seas OCT 31, 2021 Transatlantic from Barcelona to Florida

I see contradictory information about Harmony of the Seas,

The RCCL caribbean website says for Transatlantic on Harmony all guests must be vaccinated, does that means kids are not allowed?

See below

image.png

But when I go to their booking system, i see the below message:

image.png

The above seems to suggest that kids are allowed with negative test.

Does anybody know what the correct statement from RCCL is regarding kids allowed or not allowed. I have 2 small kids (2 and 4 years) and better to know this now and look for other options if we cannot go.

Thanks a lot!

16 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I would call but everything indicates that the transatlantic sailings are 100% vax.

I did call the number on RCCL website for further questions on vaccinations and I was told that unvaccinated guests and kids below 12 can travel on this sailing but they will need the PCR testing before and during the sailing. I am however not convinced with the answer as it seemed like she was giving her opinion rather than an official RCCL statement.

On the other hand, I am not sure if "everything indicates that transatlantic are 100% vax" since when one books the sailing, it clearly indicates that guests below 18 need testing only which is completely fine with us.

We just dont want any surprises at the port in Barcelona so do not know who can provide an official and clear statement on this?

1 hour ago, Rhapsody of the Seas said:

We just dont want any surprises at the port in Barcelona so do not know who can provide an official and clear statement on this?

That's the unfortunate thing, because until they clear up the discrepancy in writing I don't know that anyone can give you an official statement.  

I think the website just may be programmed for all cruises leaving from the port Barcelona to put that statement on the booking page and they didn't think to set the transatlantic as something that needed a different alert.

However, I doubt that this would go so far as to make it to actually debarking before it is cleared up.  October 31 is quite a bit away.  I would imagine it will be clarified when you check in at the latest.

Not a great outlook for planning to make alternate arrangements and cancelling and your plans if your entire travelling party doesn't qualify to sail, though.

This is another YMMV thing as I was looking at a transatlantic last week. I spoke to rep that said they wanted those to be 100% vax because of the length of time and certain situations. But we have to take everything on faith as things are changing so fast, that answer might have been right July 2nd but not the 9th.

I believe @Matt pointed out that it is hard to remove someone who test positive under these conditions. I have been reading countless stories on FB of vax pax with unvax children saying RCG has offered them compensation to cancel as they are at and/or over capacity. Freedom and Adventure are only 4-7 days. I think you might be better off looking at what restrictions Spain have in place, coupling that with what a RCG rep might say and then making the decision......of course as things are so fluid take everything with a grain of salt. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.

7 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I think the website just may be programmed for all cruises leaving from the port Barcelona to put that statement on the booking page and they didn't think to set the transatlantic as something that needed a different alert.

I would agree with this. Harmony is interporting with embarkation available both in Barcelona and in Rome but when you go to book you get an 18s and over vax alert for Barcelona departures and no such alert for Rome departures, which makes no sense. My reckoning is that it's purely an oversight and I expect the same is true of the TA. 

44 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I would agree with this. Harmony is interporting with embarkation available both in Barcelona and in Rome but when you go to book you get an 18s and over vax alert for Barcelona departures and no such alert for Rome departures, which makes no sense. My reckoning is that it's purely an oversight and I expect the same is true of the TA. 

Found this on RCCL website and it seems to make this a bit more clear that kids are not allowed on Transatlantic sailing....

I wonder if this is because of the length of the sailing. We are already in Europe (Germany) and travelling to Barcelona is not an issue (neither to Southampton) and if the length of the sailing of 14 days is an issue, I wonder if Cunard (7 days on QM2) would be OK for kids (currently they only require vax for 18+ year old passengers)?

We do have to get to the US before the end of this year and will be looking into Cunard. Flying is not an option for us as due to delta variant, in my view, staying in a metal can for 10+ hours with unvaccinated kids is far too risky (had a severe case of COVID in our extended family where the child suffered extensive lung damages but all adults many not vaccinated were completely fine).

6AAFF53A-0002-4090-8430-0A49CCFC51EA.png