Marriott Hotel Recommendation for Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Hello! I'm leaving on Odyssey right at the start of the New Year in 2022 out of Port Everglades and am looking for a Marriott brand hotel recommendation so we can use points for our stay. It doesn't look like many if any offer shuttles from Fort Lauderdale Airport and to the port. Any suggestions on hotels and if you have a good transportation recommendation from the airport to the hotel and then to the port and  then back to the airport from the ship. First time in this area and I usually go with shuttles rather than Ubers in case Ubers are in short supply but maybe that isn't an issue here. Any advice on hotels or transportation is appreciated. Thank you so much! ?

27 minutes ago, Adrian said:

Hello! I'm leaving on Odyssey right at the start of the New Year in 2022 out of Port Everglades and am looking for a Marriott brand hotel recommendation so we can use points for our stay. It doesn't look like many if any offer shuttles from Fort Lauderdale Airport and to the port. Any suggestions on hotels and if you have a good transportation recommendation from the airport to the hotel and then to the port and  then back to the airport from the ship. First time in this area and I usually go with shuttles rather than Ubers in case Ubers are in short supply but maybe that isn't an issue here. Any advice on hotels or transportation is appreciated. Thank you so much! ?

Local here. Ask away. Are you looking for a full service resort Marriott? If so, I suggest Harbor Beach Marriot especially if your expending points. 

Important to note: 99% of the hotels in East Fort Lauderdale cater to the cruise industry so there will be shuttle service options from the hotel to the port. You are in such close proximity to FLL that it is easier IMHO to just take an Uber from FLL to hotel and from Port Everglades to FLL (less then 2 miles). 

I'm a big fan of Uber to the cruise port and not the shuttle services so much.  Uber is just your party, shuttle services are a bunch of people, moving slowly, sometimes stopping at another hotel property.  It works, but Uber works so much better and being so close to the port for most hotels the Uber cost is negligible in the bigger scheme of cruise costs, plus many hotels have a port shuttle... at a cost which can be higher than an Uber.

When I used to fly to FLL I would find a hotel with an airport shuttle but use Uber the next day to get to the port.

14 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm a big fan of Uber to the cruise port and not the shuttle services so much.

Couldn't agree more. I hate moving at someone else's schedule. Plus, ride share services are not expensive.