What's going on with Labadee with the restart?

Anyone have insight into what's going on with Labadee, after the August protocols got posted, I noticed there was nothing about it.  Are there any ships going into Labadee in August?  IS Odyssey Sep 5th trip the first back sin?  Will the itinerary get changed?   Originally it was going to be Allure's Aug 15th, but that got changed last month.

What shape is Labadee in right now?

Nothing regarding Labadee has been changed.

Ever since Haiti's President was assassinated, there has been wild speculation it would impact Labadee stops. As of yet, I have no reason to believe there's any impact on any stops in Labadee, until Royal says anything.

The reason why ships are going to CocoCay right now is because CocoCay is closer to USA and test cruises and the logistics of which ships have been able to resume service points to Bahamas.

Hi All - we booked July 2022 on Mariner knowing it would stop in Labadee. Soon as we booked it disappeared from the itinerary. Kind of bummed because we are traveling as a family of 10 with 3 teens and a 5 year old so it would have been the perfect stop. Understand the recent unrest might impact the stops but this was booked months ago. 

Anyone think there might be a chance they will redirect to Coco Cay?

3 hours ago, Pam13 said:

Hi All - we booked July 2022 on Mariner knowing it would stop in Labadee. Soon as we booked it disappeared from the itinerary. Kind of bummed because we are traveling as a family of 10 with 3 teens and a 5 year old so it would have been the perfect stop. Understand the recent unrest might impact the stops but this was booked months ago. 

Anyone think there might be a chance they will redirect to Coco Cay?

The unrest yes but Haiti has been very slow in vax rollout. And with Labadee fundamentally cut off from the rest of the country......well could be another issue

On 7/9/2021 at 12:31 PM, Matt said:

Nothing regarding Labadee has been changed.

@Matt As soon as I made my reservation for the Aug 21st Symphony, before I completed the payment and received my invoice, Royal had sent an email (time stamped while I was on the phone) announcing the change of itinerary from Labadee (Aug 23rd), Aruba, & Curaçao, to Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten, St Kitts.

Per the letter, the reason was 'Due to changes in the port planning...' however, when that was lacking in explanation, several went further for an answer.

That answer was simply, 'Labadee.'

Even that hardly seems a good reason for wiping the entire itinerary so many months in advance, especially since my Symphony Aug 29th (B4B), months later still has Labadee on the itinerary Sept 1, only 8 days later. Before Odyssey's CV-19 problems, it was going to Labadee before the Aug 23rd.

If you can find out more, our Facebook Group would appreciate it. So many of us scheduled the cruise simply for Aruba & Curaçao. We understand last minute changes, but when they come months in advance, and before my full payment (at the time of reservation it was in the 80s days) and invoice sent, while others were still going to Labadee, they had to throw out the entire, enticing factors of the cruise (Oasis class to the ABCs), was extremely disappointing. I had canceled my 'Horizon' on that other line, waiting for an Oasis Southern Caribbean.

@Pam13 Our cruise agreed with you, Coco Cay was a far better substitute for Labadee than what we got. Be grateful, you at least you still have Aruba.
We would have felt better if they had at least left us one of the ABCs. Instead, Royal wiped out our only private and all of our ABCs itinerary.

Hurricane, yes, we understand. The luck of the draw. Adjustments as we restart, yes we understand, we all have to be flexible.
But because of Labadee? Something is going on.

We are on Symphony of the Seas August 29th sailing, and received word this morning that the Labadee stop has been cancelled and replaced with Nassau. Which is a poor substitute in my mind as I was really hoping for a second day at CocoCay. I had been anticipating that this stop would be changed even before the assassination and violence as I noticed they never mentioned Labadee in their mask policies like they did CocoCay. I'm still disappointed though ?

13 minutes ago, uradoll786 said:

We are on Symphony of the Seas August 29th sailing, and received word this morning that the Labadee stop has been cancelled and replaced with Nassau. Which is a poor substitute in my mind as I was really hoping for a second day at CocoCay. I had been anticipating that this stop would be changed even before the assassination and violence as I noticed they never mentioned Labadee in their mask policies like they did CocoCay. I'm still disappointed though ?

Im on that sailing and haven't seen anything yet.  But im not surprised either.  Wish they could have found a different port, as I was just in Nassau for the Adventure sailing last month. 

23 hours ago, uradoll786 said:

Did you get an email about this change yet?  (If so can you repost it)  Allure still is scheduled to arrive in Labadee the very next after when Symphony was originally scheduled there.  The Symphony August 29th schedule was updated on the App to show Nassau instead of Labadee now, though.   I'm booked on the next one scheduled to stop in Labadee after Allure (The Sep 5th Odyssey, which stops in Labadee on Sep 7th)

Here you go @Atricks!

I would be very surprised if any ships visited Labadee in the the foreseeable future, unfortunately. We booked this Symphony itinerary specifically because it visited Labadee and CocoCay. However, I am still thrilled that we will be on a cruise ship again!

Dear Guest,

We're looking forward to welcoming you onboard Symphony of the Seas for our August 29th, 2021 cruise. As we countdown to your sailing, we have an itinerary change to share with you.

As part of the guidance received from the CDC, we've implemented new boarding protocols and we'll need some extra time for check-in. As a result, we'll now depart from Miami, Florida at 7:00 PM, instead of 4:30 PM, and we've adjusted our time in Falmouth, Jamaica. Separately, to maintain your safety and wellbeing, we'll no longer visit Labadee due to the unrest in Haiti. Instead, we'll visit Nassau, Bahamas. We know how much time and effort go into planning your cruise with us, and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. However, we're excited to take you to a new port! We know you'll have an excellent time. Below, please find our revised itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Miami, Florida

7:00 PM

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Falmouth, Jamaica

10:00 AM

6:00 PM

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Nassau, Bahamas

8:00 AM

Fri

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

Sat

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

Get ready to explore the wonders of the Western Caribbean! Nestled right between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios, Falmouth is the perfect backdrop for discovery in Jamaica. Take a relaxing horseback ride along the shoreline in Chukkah Beach or head to the Water Square and jam out with the locals to live reggae. In Nassau, the Bahamian capital, you're never more than a few steps away from rhythmic percussions, appetizing flavors, and some of the clearest waters in the world. Our last stop will be in Perfect Day at CocoCay - a private destination unlike any in the world. While there, lounge in the Caribbean's largest freshwater pool, Oasis Lagoon, or take the plunge down North America's tallest waterslide, Daredevil's Peak! Soar to new heights on Up, Up & Away or just unwind at your leisure. Whether you're looking for thrills or simply want to chill, these ports have something for everyone!

As a reminder, we kindly ask that you arrive to the port during your pre-selected check-in window. This is imperative to ensure minimal wait time and less crowds during the boarding process.

Our Shore Excursions team will automatically reschedule any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Falmouth, Jamaica. And, any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Labadee, Haiti will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. In the next few days, your updated tour information will be e-mailed to you. If you haven't booked your shore excursions yet, be sure to check out our Cruise Planner for your options to discover adventure in these exciting destinations.

Thanks for your understanding. We can't wait to welcome you onboard Symphony of the Seas!

15 minutes ago, Atricks said:

Ok that explains a lot, seems HIGHLY likely the itinerary on our Sep 5th Odyssey trip will change too.  It stops in Falmouth, Labadee and Nassau already, so my guess Maybe Coco Cay in place?

That would definitely be the best option! ?for you!

10 minutes ago, uradoll786 said:

That would definitely be the best option! ?for you!

Thanks for the email!   Yep, I'm going to hope that works out similar to that.  (Unless near peak hurricane season gets in the way...)  I know from experience sailing that type of year can result in some unusual itinerary swaps at times.

For early September and Odyssey's 9/5 sailing, it doesn't look good to get CocoCay added.  Cococay is pretty full.  They already have overcommitted 9/7 to 3 ships at CocoCay.

9/5 - Freedom

9/5 - Mariner

9/6 - Adventure

9/7 - Adventure

9/7 - Brilliance

9/7 - Freedom

9/8 - Oasis

9/9 - Freedom

9/9 - Mariner

9/10 - Symphony

9/11 - Allure

9/12 - Freedom

2 hours ago, twangster said:

For early September and Odyssey's 9/5 sailing, it doesn't look good to get CocoCay added.  Cococay is pretty full.  They already have overcommitted 9/7 to 3 ships at CocoCay.

9/5 - Freedom

9/5 - Mariner

9/6 - Adventure

9/7 - Adventure

9/7 - Brilliance

9/7 - Freedom

9/8 - Oasis

9/9 - Freedom

9/9 - Mariner

9/10 - Symphony

9/11 - Allure

9/12 - Freedom

Wow 9/7 seems impossible as is.  Mixing Adventure with anyone is mixing Covid rules, so i'm not sure how that will fly.  9/6 or 9/10-11 seems like the only possibility for Odyssey (can they mix ships right now), but it would probably wind up with a very big alteration of the schedule.   So It'll be interesting to see what happens, or if Odyssey winds up being the first back to Labadee or the whole route gets a revamp.

8 minutes ago, Atricks said:

wow 9/7 seems impossible.  Mixing Adventure with anyone is mixing Covid rules, so i'm not sure how that will fly.  9/6 or 9/10-11 seems like the only possibility for Odyssey (can they mix ships right now), but it would probably wind up with a very big alteration of the schedule.   So It'll be interesting to see what happens, or if Odyssey winds up being the first back to Labadee.

Once Mariner starts sailing she overlaps with Freedom on a recurring basis.  Mariner sails from Port Canaveral, Freedom from Miami. Both do a 3/4 rotation.  Should be interesting to see how they handle that.

My money is another sea day for Odyssey.  There's not a lot open for her.  They could look to add Cozumel though.

While we're down a port (-Labadee-San Juan+Philipsburg) for the first half of our B2B on Symphony sailing Sep 18th, we'll just have to "suffer" with an extra sea day on an Oasis class ship...something tells me we're gonna survive this unforeseen tragic "hardship". ? ? ??????

With all the COVID-related changes going on weekly (if not daily), I fully anticipate more adjustments will occur over the next several months. 

The good news is that while all of our itineraries are in flux, we're still sailing on wonderful ships while enjoying great company, imbibing fun cocktails and eating delicious food. ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Our Odyssey Sep 5th itinerary was completely changed, just got the email, Labadee dropped, as were Nassau and Falmouth:

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’re looking forward to welcoming you onboard Odyssey of the Seas for our September 5th, 2021 cruise. As we countdown to your sailing, we have an itinerary change to share with you.

As part of the guidance received from the CDC, we’ve implemented new boarding protocols, so we’ll need some extra time for check-in. As a result, we’ll depart from Fort Lauderdale, Florida at 6:00 PM, instead of 5:00 PM. Separately, to maintain your safety and wellbeing, we’ll no longer visit Labadee due to the unrest in Haiti. Additionally, due to some itinerary planning changes, we unfortunately will no longer be able to visit Falmouth, Jamaica, and Nassau, Bahamas. Instead, we’ll now visit our private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, and Costa Maya, and Cozumel, Mexico. We know how much time and effort go into planning your cruise with us, and we’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. However, we’re excited to take you to new ports! We know you’ll have an excellent time. Below, please find our revised itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sun

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Mon

Perfect Day at CocoCay

4:00 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Costa Maya, Mexico

11:00 AM

Thu

Cozumel, Mexico

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

6:15 AM

Get ready to explore the wonders of the Western Caribbean! Perfect Day at CocoCay is a private destination unlike any in the world. While there, lounge in the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool, Oasis Lagoon, or take the plunge down North America’s tallest waterslide, Daredevil’s Peak! Soar to new heights on Up, Up & Away or just unwind at your leisure. Next, we’ll head to Costa Maya, where you’ll find ancient Maya ruins and mysterious jungles just begging to be explored, as well as private beach clubs and trendy restaurants – all in one place. It’s 250 square miles of paradise packed with entertainment and history. Then in Cozumel, explore Chichen Itza, one of the seven wonders of the world, and its surrounding pyramids. Relax on one of the best beaches, Paradise Beach, or discover Parque Chankanaab’s lush botanical garden located less than 4 miles away from the port. Whether you’re looking for thrills or simply want to chill, these ports have something for everyone!

As a reminder, we kindly ask that you arrive to the port during your pre-selected check-in window. This is imperative to ensure minimal wait time and less crowds during the boarding process.

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Labadee, Falmouth, and Nassau will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. In the next few days, your updated tour information will be e-mailed to you. In the meantime, feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in Cruise Planner.

Thanks for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Odyssey of the Seas!

--

Interestingly Cocoa Cay would be Sep 6th, which (according to Twangster) is a day Adventure is scheduled to be there.

7/30 Update: Nassau was shifted to day 3 (which is preferred).

Got the confirmation yesterday - Sept 11 Odyssey dropped Labadee on day 3 and replaced it with Nassau on day 2. All other ports and cruising remain the same.

Was really hoping we'd get Coco Cay since we had planned for a cabana beach day in labadee and didn't really like Nassau all that much when we went before. But I'm happy to be going at all and we have time to plan to make it better.

(*suggestions on RCI Nassau all-inclusive beach day excursions welcomed!)

Edited by CrimsonCruiser