Key Package???

Morning All,

We had alot of cruise credits so once again went with booking the Key Package for the internet, seating and most of all with how things are, being one of the first to board. With doing boarding times and such. Has anyone heard if they are still even going to offer the Key Package and if early boarding will still be a part of it. Royal has done a wonderful dance when I have called to ask this! TIA

24 minutes ago, Ethan1318 said:

Morning All,

We had alot of cruise credits so once again went with booking the Key Package for the internet, seating and most of all with how things are, being one of the first to board. With doing boarding times and such. Has anyone heard if they are still even going to offer the Key Package and if early boarding will still be a part of it. Royal has done a wonderful dance when I have called to ask this! TIA

I haven't cruised yet but from indications of those that have, I would expect neither the early boarding nor the reserved seating amenities that usually go along with The Key.  

It probably depends when your cruising is sailing (potentially where it is sailing from as well) as to if it is offered, and if it is the same value.  My Symphony cruise in August, it is not offered.  It is for my Explorer cruise from San Juan next January. I don't remember it being offered on my Adventure cruise last month either, but I didn't really look for it. I suspect they may be holding off on selling it etc and only offering for cruises where they think there will be a more normal boarding etc.  

It looks like they are slowly getting things back up to speed as they try to navigate reopening the cruise industry while managing new health and safety protocols. What is mandated today may be totally different tomorrow. What the protocols are on one ship may be different for another…the same with the individual ports. It’s just going to be a ‘wait and see’ thing. 
I always took advantage of the Key. Made sense for me as I usually sail solo (but never alone!) and only had to pay for me. I see the Key is available in my Cruise Planners for some of my cruises at a good price…considering it includes Voom Surf and Stream. I’m going to get the internet anyway so paying a few dollars more each day for the convenience the Key provides always made it an easy choice. I’ll probably take it while it’s at such an attractive price and then hope for the best.
Things seem to be happening fast recently…changes are announced almost daily. I just hope we keep moving towards the full resumption of a normal cruise experience as quickly and safely as possible!

We are set to sail OCT. 9th, I hope. I see it has been removed from booking along with all the port of calls that week it is no longer listed. Hoping they are just changing something small! I know the Key is not listed for our Sept. 6th on the Mariner. 

I think if they are offering the Key on certain sailings, then they must have some idea as to what will come with the price. Besides the internet. Even if it’s the embarkation day Chops lunch…or priority disembarkation at ports of call…or even a guaranteed flexible-scheduled boarding time…I think it would be worth it for me. I would hope the priority disembarkation at the end of the cruise, with the nice breakfast would be included. But, I’ll just wait and see!