Royal Credit Card Reward Points on canceled cruise?

How has RCCL dealt with redeemed Credit Card Reward Points following a COVID cancelation?

Our Aug 2020 cruise was canceled last summer.  I had redeemed 15,000 Reward Points for a $150 discount on our cruise.  I received a FCC for the canceled cruise, but cannot see how the credit was dealt with.  The points were not returned to my rewards account and I cannot tell if they are included in my FCC.

1 hour ago, wstephensi said:

How has RCCL dealt with redeemed Credit Card Reward Points following a COVID cancelation?

Our Aug 2020 cruise was canceled last summer.  I had redeemed 15,000 Reward Points for a $150 discount on our cruise.  I received a FCC for the canceled cruise, but cannot see how the credit was dealt with.  The points were not returned to my rewards account and I cannot tell if they are included in my FCC.

The CC reward points would definitely NOT be included in any refund or FCC from Royal.  That credit should go back to your CC.  I imagine that you will have to deal directly with the BofA to resolve this.

I went through this as well, had redeemed 25,000 points for a $250 OBC. After my cruise was canceled I learned the following:

1. Points are not returned to your credit card
  2. Royal retains the record of the point redemption / OBC value redeemed
  3. They will hold that OBC and transfer it to another cruise, provided:
    • the cruise is booked within about 8 months of the cancellation (have to get the specific date from Royal; mine had to be booked by Apr 30, 2022 for an Aug 2021 cancellation)
    • the cruise sails within 13 months of the original sail date (e.g. I had an Aug 2021 sailing on Vision, any "replacement" sailing must embark by Sept 30, 2022)
    • Once booked, you must call Royal at 888-305-4626 to confirm the transfer of the held OBC; not sure if this requires that you also know the canceled sailing's booking number