Kids and RCLs COVID Poilcy

Has anyone sailed out of Florida and had children with them under the current vaccination age, but the parents were vaccinated? At the moment, you are unvaccinated by association, as the whole family (if together) will be considered unvaccinated and therefore limited in what you can do. I don't mind the bars as we will not be taking the kids there, but the shows and the restaurants timing could be annoying. We have two children, ages 10 years, and 10 months. 

26 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Sailing Freedom end of July with a similar situation and will let you know. For now, check out @Matt live blog recently posted while onboard Freedom as he gets into some details that might interest you. 

We are sailing on 7/31 on the Odyssey. So we will also find out soon enough.

1 hour ago, SmoothJ24 said:

I don't mind the bars as we will not be taking the kids there, but the shows and the restaurants timing could be annoying. We have two children, ages 10 years, and 10 months.

It's definitely a change. My kids love Izumi Hibachi and they would not be able to go.

There are shows specifically for unvaccinated, so you should be able to catch those.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It's definitely a change. My kids love Izumi Hibachi and they would not be able to go.

There are shows specifically for unvaccinated, so you should be able to catch those.

I guess I would feel better knowing how many of the unvaccinated are truly unvaccinated (ie adults), and not in the same predicament as we are. Even though the chances are small due to testing, protocols, and mask regulations - I just feel we are putting the children at a increased risk of getting it more with other people that are unvaccinated vs other people that are vaccinated (mainly during meal time). Before anyone says anything, I know technically we are in a big petri dish on a cruise ship anyway and even though they have increased the air circulation with X exchanges per hour it still bothers me. 

50 minutes ago, SmoothJ24 said:

I just feel we are putting the children at a increased risk of getting it more with other people that are unvaccinated vs other people that are vaccinated (mainly during meal time). 

In my opinion, if this this is your concern, then maybe you postpone the cruise to a future date when things are more certain with how things are going.  We were ready to post pone (again) our cruise this year, since a member of our traveling party was not initially eligible, but then they dropped the age limits and they have now been vaccinated.  It wasn't a risk we were willing to take.  

Stay Safe

54 minutes ago, SmoothJ24 said:

I guess I would feel better knowing how many of the unvaccinated are truly unvaccinated (ie adults), and not in the same predicament as we are. Even though the chances are small due to testing, protocols, and mask regulations - I just feel we are putting the children at a increased risk of getting it more with other people that are unvaccinated vs other people that are vaccinated (mainly during meal time). Before anyone says anything, I know technically we are in a big petri dish on a cruise ship anyway and even though they have increased the air circulation with X exchanges per hour it still bothers me. 

Agree! I feel my daughter is safest with her vaccinated travel party! ( and other vaccinated passengers) for this reason we will not be using AO on our next cruise.

I dont know what the protocols will be on my sailing, symphony end Nov. But if they remove our access to 150 CP I will cry...