What's one thing you will never do on a cruise?

Matt

Multiple things for me. 

I will never pay full price for the drink package. And odds are good that I will never buy a drink package either. Tea is my main thing and it's free so no big deal there. 

I will never pay for a suite. And odds are good that I will always be in an inside room. A room is a place to cover the 5 S'  sleep,  shower,  shave,  sex,  and s... you fill in the last one.  I would rather walk around or people watch than sit in a room. 

I will never pay for a cabana on a private beach or island. 

The one thing I will never do is something like the Flowrider, having an audience to watch me fail doesn't appeal to me. Also pay for any sort of beach related excursions and accoutrements. At $500+ to sit in a cabana on a beach that is already private seems like a pure waste of funds....to me.

I also want to add getting an UBP/UDP....I have not done either on RCG. Other cruise lines, yes, and I always hated myself after. I had to drink and eat so much to break even. Now I do a la cart and it works out better.

Buy Art - I don't understand this aspect of cruising at all... it's very strange to me.

Other than that - never say never... especially after Covid.   There are things that I said I would never do on a cruise and after missing cruising for so long I've warned they family that we're doing ALL OF IT!  lol

Except cupcake making, sushi, and guacamole classes.  ?

2 hours ago, RockerDom31 said:

I hope not to stir up any trouble here but…

I will NEVER take the daily gratuity charge off. The employees (both in front of and behind the scenes) deserve every penny of that and more!

I agree wholeheartedly on how it is set up presently.

I would like to be more honest about it. How about paying them a living wage? If that raises the upfront price of the cruise, so be it. Tipping as income is borderline evil.

I will never do the Flowrider, thanks to mobility limits. Well, that an acute aversion to public embarrassment as a somewhat distant second. ?

I will never pay full / onboard price for a drink package; nor will I ever buy a drink package at all if the price is higher than I think is justified for my personal consumption habits.

I will never do the belly flop contest (too skinny) nor the sexiest man competition (see above about aversion to public embarrassment; I know it's all in good fun and spirit, but I'm just self-conscious enough about my legs that I wouldn't have fun).

And I will never do the Love and Marriage game, because I'm utterly incapable of convincing my wife to even attend it!! ?

19 minutes ago, MrB said:

I would like to be more honest about it. How about paying them a living wage? If that raises the upfront price of the cruise, so be it. Tipping as income is borderline evil.

If they aren’t paid a ‘living wage’ how can one be a crew member for so long?

That snark comment aside, I recommend talking to a crew member about their weekly net cruise wages compared to the average weekly wages of their home country for a similar skill set job. 

I have been told by many crew that net cruise wages are 5-7 times their home country. This is why so many are eager to work on a ship and are so serious about maintaining their employment. Think of the sacrifices they make being away from home and often family. 

If you think that all crew should be paid what is considered a living wage in the U.S. the cruise fare would increase tremendously and thus less people able to afford cruise travel. This lowers demand for crew as less ships are needed. Thus leaving more people in impoverished countries on a waitlist dreaming for a cruise job, likely never getting one, enabling them to forever improve the opportunities for their family. I consider this scenario evil. My masters in economics likely influences my thinking.

Consider the unseen when making economic suggestions. 

12 minutes ago, teddy said:

Walk around the Centrum (or Promenade) with only a robe and sneakers on.

I saw this a while back too. I suspected the likely reason but decided to ask anyway for fun. 

Yes, they did accidentally pack all their clothes and put their suitcase in the hall the night before debarkation. 

Interested if what you saw was also on debarkation morning. 

This is not technically and on the ship thing, but I will never do a ‘resort for a day’ excursion. You leave the ship where you have a pool, free flow drinks (if you’re like me), all inclusive food and great service to pay to go to another place that has……a pool, free flow alcohol, all inclusive food, and great service. I just don’t get it! It seems like you are paying for something the ship already provides. Sure, sometimes there is a beach involved, but surely you can go to beaches without this pay charge. And if you don’t like beaches then why not just stay on the ship? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I will never pay extra for something that is otherwise included in my cruise fare - e.g. dining. There are plenty of excellent options included so there is no need to purchase "specialty" dining.

I also suspect that I will never sleep late enough to miss a sunrise while cruising. I am an early riser anyway and sunrise at sea or nearing a port is almost always spectacular. 

Karaoke. I have the voice of a cat caught in a garbage disposal. ?

And you won't ever find me at the Dog House either. I hate hot dogs.

I will never stay in an inside room. Forget that I'm a suite snob. We actually use our room. DD is on the spectrum, and we need a space she can use to process all the stimulus of the day for an hour or so in the afternoons.