St. Kitts and Nevis Excursions

LovetoCruise87

18 minutes ago, PetraElise said:

We did an excursion with Thenford Grey when we were in St. Kitts in 2018.  It was very highly recommended, and after going on it, I can see why.  Not sure if the current status, but highly recommend considering him.  Very professional, well maintained bus, very informative and a good mix of time in each stop.  

+1 for the Thenford Grey tours! (Non-RCL).  We very much enjoyed it when we went with him back in January 2015.  Thenford was an absolute walking encyclopedia of information of St. Kitts!  His website is still functional and up, at least...

https://www.thenfordgreytours.com/

• 2 weeks later...

After our excursion was cancelled to Nevis (ferry broke down), we got a tour from a guy named Sully (I can get his info if interested). 

We still wanted to go to Nevis, so he made a call to a friend. We did an island tour on our way to a private ferry. Stopped at Timothy Hill (don’t touch the monkeys!) then came upon a pier. 

We loaded into a brand new ferry boat and crossed over to this super small resort on Nevis. (Not kidding maybe a total of 24 people). 

We had our own private beach with bar complete with a baby cow that came running through followed soon after by his mama looking for him. 

It certainly was off the beaten path and we had a blast! 

2399BCD4-3D06-47BA-AD76-1A413D5B04C3.jpeg

B8D69FD9-FD0A-4DAE-A6E4-DB7C69420FB8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Another very happy customer with the Saint Kitts blue water safari catamaran ride with snorkeling and lunch/drinks provided.  We had a group of a dozen aged 22 to 60 on spring break cruise in 2019 and had a blast.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g147374-d11457277-St_Kitts_Deluxe_Catamaran_Snorkeling_Tour_With_Lunch-St_Kitts_St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our Nov 14 Allure cruise has just made two changes to our already altered itinerary- we now will go to San Juan (been so many times not much left to do) and St Kitts (where we somehow have never been). But I keep hearing warnings from people about these “bubble” requirements that had been in place at least until recently and I am wondering if anybody knows the current status? RCL had no tour options up until this afternoon but still there are only 2 options. I would like to know if independent tours are in option for us at this point, but I don’t know where to find the answer to that.

On 10/22/2021 at 6:45 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Our Nov 14 Allure cruise has just made two changes to our already altered itinerary- we now will go to San Juan (been so many times not much left to do) and St Kitts (where we somehow have never been). But I keep hearing warnings from people about these “bubble” requirements that had been in place at least until recently and I am wondering if anybody knows the current status? RCL had no tour options up until this afternoon but still there are only 2 options. I would like to know if independent tours are in option for us at this point, but I don’t know where to find the answer to that.

Our 11/27 Allure cruise originally had St Kitts on the itinerary but it was changed a few days ago, (they traded St. Kitts and DR for CocoCay and San Juan).. maybe your St. Kitts will get axed as well.

2 hours ago, AlwaysRollin said:

Our 11/27 Allure cruise originally had St Kitts on the itinerary but it was changed a few days ago, (they traded St. Kitts and DR for CocoCay and San Juan).. maybe your St. Kitts will get axed as well.

It was just added it on. We’ve had this itinerary changed twice now. I actually don’t understand why they’ve added at St.Kitts since the state department has it listed as “do not visit” because of the high Covid rate. We may just stay onboard 😞  Bummer

Edited by AlohaLivin

19 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

It was just added it on. We’ve had this itinerary changed twice now. I actually don’t understand why they’ve added at St.Kitts since the state department has it listed as “do not visit” because of the high Covid rate. We may just stay onboard 😞  Bummer

Last I heard, almost every cruise port is listed as high Covid and based on their definition of high Covid, so is most if not all of the USA.  So if you're comfortable traveling now/soon, I wouldn't worry about it.

9 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Last I heard, almost every cruise port is listed as high Covid and based on their definition of high Covid, so is most if not all of the USA.  So if you're comfortable traveling now/soon, I wouldn't worry about it.

As a healthcare provider I see it a little differently perhaps (in terms of how I look at the data  and calculate the risk for me). I find the state department ratings pretty useful, I’m not so cynical to think that there’s no good reason for them to rate a country as “do not visit” other than clear data. But it doesn’t really matter now because Royal Caribbean is allowing only bubble tours on this island (and three others that are considered high risk by them in comparison to other ports) and so no one will be roaming around St. Kitts for the time being. 👍🏼