So sad Cancelation

JBC1

1 hour ago, LogicallyLazy said:

I was supposed to be going on Voyager too but alas, it's not meant to be.

On the bright side, I can now book another sailling on Quantum

Yes I will do the same.

John

15 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We got our cancellation notice today for Quantum out of HNL.  It is the third (and final) leg of our Australia/NZ/HNL B3B.  So disappointing.  We are on OV for the first 2 legs.  I'm sure that cancellation is coming soon.  No L&S option.  Full refund for us.

Jump onto the Ovation out of HNL Oct 2022 for the Transpacific to Sydney and I will buy you a drink

8 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

Jump onto the Ovation out of HNL Oct 2022 for the Transpacific to Sydney and I will buy you a drink

I have no confidence that OV will sail either !!  If they would let me L&S over to OV I would consider it but they haven't given me that option.  Besides, we were in a Star Class suite and I it appears that those are all sold out anyway.  I'm so deflated...I am just going to slink away and lick my wounds.

On 7/7/2021 at 6:01 AM, JBC1 said:

So sad to hear today my B2B on Voyager from Singapore is cancelled for December, when will it end. Hoping the Jewel of the Seas will sail in October from Cyrus also a B2B.

John

?

Working in the airline industry I can tell you Singapore is still closed to all Americans, the last update I saw hinted that Singapore may not reopen its borders until 2022.  

On 7/7/2021 at 8:56 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

We got our cancellation notice today for Quantum out of HNL.  It is the third (and final) leg of our Australia/NZ/HNL B3B.  So disappointing.  We are on OV for the first 2 legs.  I'm sure that cancellation is coming soon.  No L&S option.  Full refund for us.

It is my understanding both Australia and New Zealand have at least told airlines their countries would remain closed for the remainder of 2021.  The airline I work for just this week removed flights to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and New Zealand from their schedule through February of 2022.  Those flights were supposed to resume on October 29th 2021 but now the suspension will continue through February of 2022.  Australia was supposed to reopen in March of 2021, then it was pushed back to July of 2021, that was pushed back to October of 2021 and now it has been pushed back to February 2022.   Qantas which is Australia's top international airline has blasted the decision (that is putting it nicely) but there is nothing they can really do.  According to some of worlds top business journals some are now estimating Australia and New Zealand will not fully reopen until 2023 because both countries have adopted a zero COVID policy.  In fact Sydney and several other Australian cities on the Pacific side on Australia just went back into lock down because 15 COVID cases were detected.  Australia also just last week reduced the number of citizens who can come home that number is now down to just over 3000 passengers per week world wide not just from the U.S..  Australia still has citizens who still haven't ben able to return home they've been stranded outside their country since 2020. So the flights operating to SYD out of LAX and SFO are really transporting Australian citizens home (those who can afford it) but no tourist are allowed in the country.

My advise for anyone looking at cruising out of or taking a trans-Pacific cruise to Australia or New Zealand would be this don't plan or book any cruise to/from these countries before 2023 perhaps even 2024.

11 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

It is my understanding both Australia and New Zealand have at least told airlines their countries would remain closed for the remainder of 2021.  The airline I work for just this week removed flights to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and New Zealand from their schedule through February of 2022.  Those flights were supposed to resume on October 29th 2021 but now the suspension will continue through February of 2022.  Australia was supposed to reopen in March of 2021, then it was pushed back to July of 2021, that was pushed back to October of 2021 and now it has been pushed back to February 2022.   Qantas which is Australia's top international airline has blasted the decision (that is putting it nicely) but there is nothing they can really do.  According to some of worlds top business journals some are now estimating Australia and New Zealand will not fully reopen until 2023 because both countries have adopted a zero COVID policy.  In fact Sydney and several other Australian cities on the Pacific side on Australia just went back into lock down because 15 COVID cases were detected.  

My advise for anyone looking at cruising out of or taking a trans-Pacific cruise to Australia or New Zealand would be this don't plan or book any cruise to/from these countries before 2023 perhaps even 2024.

Thank you !  SOOO extreme.  Unbelievable.  I had read somewhere (can't remember where) that Australia was going to adopt a mandatory vaccine requirement that would be enforced by the military.  Might be more scare-mongering conspiracy.  I sure hope so.  That is very very scary.

It is bad here in Australia. I am in Sydney and we are on full lockdown. The military part is simply the government has appointed an army General to oversee the vaccine roll out; so not as bad as you may have read. Although the police are out checking, got pulled up exercising in the park this morning; and I am fully vaccinated but that means nothing in this country. 

We are still hoping to escape to come to the US end of the year as we have five cruises booked, either via New Zealand or Singapore which may be a bubble country by then. The issue of coming home doesn't phase me; my wife wants to move to the US so we would just rent an apartment in Brooklyn or perhaps somewhere in Florida. The issue would be the three month tourist visa would expire so unsure how I get around that; quick flight to Hong Kong  

Anyway, a few months away and the issue is so fluid, and it might be completely different by the end of the year. 

On 7/8/2021 at 9:36 PM, CruisingOz said:

It is bad here in Australia. I am in Sydney and we are on full lockdown. The military part is simply the government has appointed an army General to oversee the vaccine roll out; so not as bad as you may have read. Although the police are out checking, got pulled up exercising in the park this morning; and I am fully vaccinated but that means nothing in this country. 

We are still hoping to escape to come to the US end of the year as we have five cruises booked, either via New Zealand or Singapore which may be a bubble country by then. The issue of coming home doesn't phase me; my wife wants to move to the US so we would just rent an apartment in Brooklyn or perhaps somewhere in Florida. The issue would be the three month tourist visa would expire so unsure how I get around that; quick flight to Hong Kong  

Anyway, a few months away and the issue is so fluid, and it might be completely different by the end of the year. 

If you come to Florida, you can just hop on a quick flight to the Bahamas, enjoy a 3-4 night stay out there and fly back to Florida. You get three more months tourist visa this way.