Updates for Australia, Asia and Serenade Repositioning

32 minutes ago, Vanessa77 said:

I'm really confused, so is the whole season cancelled or are they still holding on for some?

Eg. Ovation or Radiance?

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/07/06/royal-caribbean-cancels-australia-cruises-due-uncertainty-travel-restrictions

The way I read it is the 2021/2022 season is cancelled (through April 2022 on Royal).  The 2022/2023 season starts in the fall of 2022 so it stands for now.

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/07/06/royal-caribbean-cancels-australia-cruises-due-uncertainty-travel-restrictions

The way I read it is the 2021/2022 season is cancelled (through April 2022 on Royal).  The 2022/2023 season starts in the fall of 2022 so it stands for now.

The thing is that it doesn't explicitly say that the whole 21/22 season is cancelled for everything, which is why I am confused. Additionally, from Matt's post below:

image.png.f3e3daef1917fcb40a11fb489b1f5901.png 

Kinda makes it seem like only sailings within this period are eligible. 

56 minutes ago, Vanessa77 said:

I'm really confused, so is the whole season cancelled or are they still holding on for some?

Eg. Ovation or Radiance?

I believe for Ovation it's only the transpacific cancelled so far. Probably keeping options open in case by some miracle the ban is ended and they don't need to cancel the whole season.

11 minutes ago, mattymay said:

I believe for Ovation it's only the transpacific cancelled so far. Probably keeping options open in case by some miracle the ban is ended and they don't need to cancel the whole season.

See that's the way that I read it, but they've really not said it in a way that it's super clear. I can still see Ovation sailings available from late October on the site. 

11 minutes ago, Vanessa77 said:

See that's the way that I read it, but they've really not said it in a way that it's super clear. I can still see Ovation sailings available from late October on the site. 

Yep. I'm going to guess it's rolling cancellations for Ovation until it's no longer worth coming.

Quantum Australia season is gone, nothing out of Brisbane. Ovation and Serenade have not cancelled their Nov onwards yet; have friends booked on the Ovation for Nov. I am sure it is coming but they are hedging their bets. 

With no government talk of about any travel restart the season for Aust is gone

On 7/6/2021 at 9:43 PM, Vanessa77 said:

Eg. Ovation or Radiance?

In a different thread dealing with cancelations I posted both Australia and New Zealand advised airlines they would not be reopening their borders before 2022. The airline that I work for just this week pulled flights to both Australia and New Zealand off the schedule through February of 2022. During normal times the airline I work for  operated their most robust schedule from November through April.  If for instance both these countries do remain closed through February of 2022 then my guess would be yes the entire 2021/2022 Australian and New Zealand spring/summer cruise season is done. Even if Australia were to open in March of 2022 Royal Caribbean's busy season basically begins to wind down by the end of April as some ships then begin making their way either to Asia or over to Hawaii on their way up to the Pacific Northwest for the Alaska cruise season.   

Who knows what Royal will now do with those ships temporarily, we will all have to wait and see maybe something from the West Coast..