Transportation from airport to hotel, then hotel to port in Miami (with young children)

We are taking our children (ages 3 and 4) on their first cruise in October.  We are flying in to Miami the night before and would love to not have to travel with car seats.  The hotel we are looking at is near the port but doesn't have shuttle services.  I have a couple of questions I was looking for advice on. 

• Does Royal Caribbean offer a shuttle service we could use, either on the front end of the cruise or after the cruise is over?
  • If not, what is the best option to get from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port with our kids?  Taxi, Shuttle, Trolley??
  • Any tips, tricks or advice on making our kids first cruise the best trip possible for them and for us.  

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Royal's transfer service is exclusively airport to ship or vice versa the day of the cruise embarkation or debarkation.

If your hotel had an airport shuttle you could have used that to return to the airport and then use the Royal transfer the day of the cruise but...

How many in your group?

Our group has 4 people. 2 adults and 2 children. 

The hotel we were looking at does not have an airport shuttle but we haven’t fully decided if that is the option we are going with. 

So based on that description, we couldn’t use Royal Caribbean for embarkation but we could use them for debarkation since we will be going straight to the airport? 

Are there other good options? 

20 minutes ago, mechols11 said:

The hotel we were looking at does not have an airport shuttle but we haven’t fully decided if that is the option we are going with. 

So based on that description, we couldn’t use Royal Caribbean for embarkation but we could use them for debarkation since we will be going straight to the airport? 

It’s tough at that age because you will have to travel with car seats unless you find a speciality service that provides them. Assuming you are traveling with your own seats, I would recommend Uber XL or Lyft XL.

2 hours ago, mechols11 said:

A number of times I've purposely booked a hotel with a complimentary airport shuttle.  I fly in the day before and take the shuttle to the hotel.  In the morning I take the shuttle back to the airport.  Zero cost beyond hotel stay so far.  Then I use the Royal transfer like I flew in that day.  

Sometimes they want flight info so I find a random flight from some city to that airport that arrives the morning of the cruise and give them that.  

Your other option is a rental car.  In this past this was a pretty clean and obvious choice.  This fall I'm seeing crazy car rental issues.  Some offices closed, outrageous pricing so I'll hesitate offering that as an idea but keep it in the back of your mind.

I’ve booked at hotels that did not have shuttle service but the concierge had me booked with a third party shuttle service.  It was hassle free.  At the appointed time, the shuttle came and picked me up.  It picked passengers in two other hotels and then proceeded to the port.  I’ve done this in Seattle and in Miami.

Thanks for all the great advice.  We are leaning towards getting a hotel with an airport shuttle and then when we get to the hotel having the concierge help us get booked with a third party shuttle or taking the shuttle back to the airport and then using the Royal transfer at that point.  Either option seems like it should work assuming that car seats are not required in shuttles.