beach tents permitted?

Does anyone have any experience bringing a clam shell beach tent with them?  Link below for reference.  I understand literally every island and every beach probably has different rules but with some beaches providing umbrellas either for free or for a fee to not having them at all I thought I'd ask if anyone has tried bringing one of these.  Our kids could sure use the shade on a long beach day.  Thanks!

https://www.amazon.ca/Alvantor-Bluecoast-Umbrella-Portable-Windproof/dp/B01MA2ARNK/ref=asc_df_B01MA2ARNK/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459470686522&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8684603301318608408&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1002787&hvtargid=pla-349711040770&psc=1

I brought one of these on our southern Caribbean cruise and used it in St. Thomas, St. Kitts and Barbados. We used it on beaches where there were umbrellas and chairs for rent and set up directly next to them with no objection. I've also brought a tent like this as a 3rd carry-on on a plane and no one batted an eye as it fit in the space between my seat and the fuselage. I loved having it! 

PS. my second favorite cruise/beach purchase were a pair of these floats, everyone was asking where we rented them from! They fold up super small and only take a couple breaths to inflate.

Dont think you would have an issue in most places as long as space and weigh permit you to carry it.

I would say one thing. I have used something very similar. Its kind of a lean to or 3 sided wall tent. It provides shade but its crowded, barely allowing two beach chairs to fit, and they block any breeze you might get so they are like sitting in an oven.

I would search your favorite online store for "ultra light sun shade" or "tent rain fly" and focus on something that is a "roof" and open on all 4 sides to provide shade and ventilation.

This is a bit higher end:

https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-Portable-Shelter-Camping-Backyard/dp/B08XMG8XGM/ref=psdc_3258963011_t4_B08YRHY6SF?th=1

Its under 7 pounds and big enough for a family.

You can find smaller, cheaper and lighter if you look around.

Again, the key is being open all around so it does not get so hot. You will be glad you did.

perfect thanks!

2 hours ago, DDaley said:

I brought one of these on our southern Caribbean cruise and used it in St. Thomas, St. Kitts and Barbados. We used it on beaches where there were umbrellas and chairs for rent and set up directly next to them with no objection. I've also brought a tent like this as a 3rd carry-on on a plane and no one batted an eye as it fit in the space between my seat and the fuselage. I loved having it! 

PS. my second favorite cruise/beach purchase were a pair of these floats, everyone was asking where we rented them from! They fold up super small and only take a couple breaths to inflate.

4 hours ago, DDaley said:

These are great floats too. I bought these for our May 2020 symphony that was cancelled and have moved it 3 times now. Hoping to use them now in October! 

BADIQI Swimming Inflatable Pool Float,4-in-1 Pool Hammock (Lounge Chair,Saddle, Hammock, Drifter), Portable Water Hammock,Pool Chair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XZ7917K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_R1PC5H5W11G08A9GJ34T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

15 hours ago, Jill said:

These are great floats too. I bought these for our May 2020 symphony that was cancelled and have moved it 3 times now. Hoping to use them now in October! 

BADIQI Swimming Inflatable Pool Float,4-in-1 Pool Hammock (Lounge Chair,Saddle, Hammock, Drifter), Portable Water Hammock,Pool Chair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XZ7917K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_R1PC5H5W11G08A9GJ34T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

We have a few of these for our pool.  Loved by kids and adults alike. ????

I've used the tent on the islands and have never had a problem.  I also pack our own pool floats, like the others have mentioned above.
I LOVE the hammock float with  the mesh covering....I don't "stick" to any part of it.  Be careful about some of the hammock floats.  I had purchased some new -super nice looking ones- and it turns out you needed an air pump for them (there was no mouthpiece to blow up the float part).
I can't seem to get the link to import but you can search amazon:
FindUWill 2-Pack Premium Swimming Pool Float Hammock, Multi-Purpose Inflatable Hammock (Saddle, Lounge Chair, Hammock, Drifter), Water Hammock Lounge (RoyalBlue and GreenYellow)