Back2Back Cruise

When taking a back to back cruise:  Can you leave your belongings in the room (if same room booked on both cruises, of course) when checking out of first cruise and checking in second cruise?  And: what if different rooms are booked, what do you do with luggage?

Yes.  If you are in the same room you just leave everything in your room and hop off the ship with your passport/birth certificate/drivers license and go back on.  If you are in different rooms, you let the room steward know and they will arrange to have your luggage moved over to the new room.  Just take your carry-ons and anything important with you in that case.

Yes, If you have the same cabin just leave your things.   If you need to switch cabins I just put my things in suitcase, but left the clothes hanging, shoes, and folderd clothes on shelves and larger items.  They come with a cart and move everything for you.  Very easy.

I was told by room stewart that I did not have to pack or move anything, that they would do it all.   But I wanted to gather up up bathroom items and smaller things and just put in a suitcase.  We took with us the items in the safe.

Don’t know how it will be done now during the re-start, but…. 
In the past, different ships at different ports had different procedures. When I did back to backs at Port Liberty on the Anthem pre-shutdown, and I was in the same cabin, I just left everything as is and my cabin attendant just freshened the room as usual. Also, we went to the Diamond lounge and the concierge took our Sea Pass cards and issued our new cards. We waited for a while until CBP came and viewed our passports. Then, after the ship got to a zero count (all passengers disembarked…except us b2b-ers, of course) we were able to leave the Diamond lounge. Security set up a card swipe kiosk at the door and swiped our old Sea Pass cards as if we disembarked, and then our new Sea Pass cards as if we were just boarding. Outside, the Concierge gave us our old cards back if we wanted to keep them. Very easy and stress-free process. I hope it stays that way!

6 hours ago, BrianB said:

Don’t know how it will be done now during the re-start, but…. 
In the past, different ships at different ports had different procedures. When I did back to backs at Port Liberty on the Anthem pre-shutdown, and I was in the same cabin, I just left everything as is and my cabin attendant just freshened the room as usual. Also, we went to the Diamond lounge and the concierge took our Sea Pass cards and issued our new cards. We waited for a while until CBP came and viewed our passports. Then, after the ship got to a zero count (all passengers disembarked…except us b2b-ers, of course) we were able to leave the Diamond lounge. Security set up a card swipe kiosk at the door and swiped our old Sea Pass cards as if we disembarked, and then our new Sea Pass cards as if we were just boarding. Outside, the Concierge gave us our old cards back if we wanted to keep them. Very easy and stress-free process. I hope it stays that way!

In Galveston both times we had to physically leave the ship, in San Juan it was the way described above or close to it.  Those are my 3 experiences

I have done the B2B cruises a number of ways.  One you do get off ship, see customs, and go right back on.

Other times they offered a lunch in MDR and customs came to you, looked at passports and your cards were switched out.  All while having wine and nice lunch complimentary.

Either way works well.  It may depend on how many people are B2B, or maybe what port you are docked at.  I would think if B2B passengers are vaccinated then they would keep you onboard.  Just less contact.   I will find out later this year on my B2B cruise.