Adventure/Odyssey Tidbits

We’re on Adventure now and fortunate to so far be completely unaffected by Elsa. Just a couple of notes:

1. We’re staying here at the CocoCay pier overnight. Pretty sure all previous cruises have left and come back. Some seem to think it means we have enough fresh water, or maybe it could be weather related?

2. Last night for the 4th, we were floating next to Odyssey for the fireworks. A decent amount of smoke was surrounding her on the starboard side. Hearing today that there may have been a fire at the Seaplex but haven’t been able to find it here or verify it any other way.

3. Last night was pretty amazing out here. Seeing all the other ships while we rolled up was incredible. As we all gathered on the top deck, it was certainly the most “normal” feeling I’ve had in the past 16 months. Just so great to see cruising back and Royal making a big statement!

If we come across anything else interesting, I’ll post it here. 

F0B3FDD8-58C4-4344-8BB1-DBB88CA1F410.jpeg

4332B938-4BB1-4B0E-9B59-F42FEBEA4C05.jpeg

3796D524-DD88-495A-9D82-17FC51C57105.jpeg

Probably just an inversion layer pushing her exhaust down rather than letting it rise into the sky.

Quantum class are known to use a lot of water in the scrubbing process that makes a lot of steam that some people think is dirty exhaust gases but is mostly water vapor.  I've sailed a number of her sisters and they all do this at times.  

If she had a fire yesterday there is no way she would be at anchor today.  She would be required by convention to get to shore and be inspected by the authorities and her classification society.  A captain who failed to do this would be up for review and could lose their license.  

52 minutes ago, twangster said:

Probably just an inversion layer pushing her exhaust down rather than letting it rise into the sky.

Quantum class are known to use a lot of water in the scrubbing process that makes a lot of steam that some people think is dirty exhaust gases but is mostly water vapor.  I've sailed a number of her sisters and they all do this at times.  

If she had a fire yesterday there is no way she would be at anchor today.  She would be required by convention to get to shore and be inspected by the authorities and her classification society.  A captain who failed to do this would be up for review and could lose their license.  

Thanks for this. My daughter was being told by staff in the teen club that the fire was causing Odyssey to push her first sailing off until September. ?‍♂️

We just left CocoCay and passed Odyssey while eating dinner. The North Star was up so it looks like all is well!

So blessed to spend two days back-to-back at Perfect Day but it’s still not enough! Jumping on the first cruise to offer three days there! ?

2 hours ago, Biff215 said:

Thanks for this. My daughter was being told by staff in the teen club that the fire was causing Odyssey to push her first sailing off until September. ?‍♂️

We just left CocoCay and passed Odyssey while eating dinner. The North Star was up so it looks like all is well!

So blessed to spend two days back-to-back at Perfect Day but it’s still not enough! Jumping on the first cruise to offer three days there! ?

I love crew.  I really do.  They are good people and as a solo cruiser I often spend a lot of time talking to them getting to know them.  

However this serves as a reminder that crew rumors hold no more weight than any other rumor.