Suite guarantee rate outcome odds?

I booked a suite guarantee on a cruise that was cancelled. Of 8 people I know who booked this way, only one got an actual GS. So I would say it would be less than a 20% chance of anything other than a jr. suite. Most suites are booked up fast and I would imagine that now with the whole pandemic and such, it will be worse. But the bright side is jr.suites get double points.

1 hour ago, RG306 said:

following, we booked a W guarantee for our Feb cruise. it's our first time ever booking a guarantee cabin, so we're going in with low expectations a junior suite in the worst location.?

Right under the windjammer lol 

I shouldn’t laugh. I booked a corner aft JS on Radiance for Alaska (which I’m told is in high demand) but it is under the windjammer outdoor seating. Who eats outside in Alaska? Lol Hoping it’s quiet! Balcony is HUGE! 

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm not as  concerned about the suite perks for this particular cruise as much as I am double (quadruple in this case) points to get us to D+ in calendar year 2022.

Our Alaska cruise will give us 40 points. Tacking on the 3 night land tour was a bonus in more ways than one! We’ll get to Diamond Plus also in 2022. Getting to the next level was not really on our radar. Mostly because we were somewhat newly Diamond and Plus seemed pretty far away. 

Now it’s fairly attainable and we’re going for it. Our kids are out of the house and we’ve got 3-4 European bucket list cruises we want to do and becoming Plus will really add to the experience for us. 

9.8/10 get a JS from a suite guarantee (WS), at least in previous days even before RoyalUp.  With RoyalUp in play they'll move existing JS up with their bids freeing up even more JS inventory for the WS to maximum revenue. 

I booked a WS on Serenade.  Everything showed just two OS available.  I got an accessible JS that never appeared in inventory.  I don't know if the previous occupants were offered an upgrade to one of the OS which opened the JS or if the JS was not displayed in inventory because it was accessible.  Felt like a heel staying in an accessible suite I don't need but that is what they gave me.  The automatic accessible door was a PITA - it stayed open a full 60 seconds every time I opened it.  Sixty seconds sound quick but when everyone walking past is looking into your cabin it seems like a lifetime.  

The point is - don't look at inventory prior to cabin assignment as a guess for what you might get.

There are exceptions.  I once got a GS from a WS.  With my luck that'll probably be the once in a lifetime already used up.

The good news - most suites are not located in "bad" locations.  Some might be better than others but most suites are in better locations relatively speaking. 

I am way too Type A to book a suite guarantee. I have heard from many others that more often than not it is a JS that you end up with. The only time I booked a suite guarantee was a few years back when there was a star class suite guarantee. I had never seen it before and never did again. As the story goes, I was even too Type A to stick with that and my friend ended up taking the star class guarantee. In the end, it was an A2 they ended up with. Deck 10. 

12 hours ago, Jill said:

I booked a corner aft JS on Radiance for Alaska (which I’m told is in high demand) but it is under the windjammer outdoor seating.

Oh no! I have this JS on Brilliance and didn't even thiiink about the location, booking it immediately upon seeing that mega balcony. At least we usually wake up early but I am now dreading the scraping sound of chairs being pulled out at dawn. 

2 hours ago, DDaley said:

Oh no! I have this JS on Brilliance and didn't even thiiink about the location, booking it immediately upon seeing that mega balcony. At least we usually wake up early but I am now dreading the scraping sound of chairs being pulled out at dawn. 

@twangster assured me it was a great cabin. Yes that balcony is way cool! I saw the video of the Radiance one on YouTube. 

19 hours ago, Jill said:

Right under the windjammer lol .... I booked a corner aft JS on Radiance for Alaska (which I’m told is in high demand) but it is under the windjammer outdoor seating. Who eats outside in Alaska? Lol Hoping it’s quiet! Balcony is HUGE! 

Me too. I have that JS on Radiance on 05/01/22 for an Alaska cruise. I will be interested in what you learn if your sailing is before mine.

1 hour ago, Koepper said:

Me too. I have that JS on Radiance on 05/01/22 for an Alaska cruise. I will be interested in what you learn if your sailing is before mine.

Nope I’m 5/27/22. You let me know! Lol If it’s loud, please go up to windjammer and complain so it’s quiet when I’m in there! ? 

Someone posted in Royal Caribbean Cabins on Facebook that this JS is their absolute favorite. 

23 minutes ago, Jill said:

Nope I’m 5/27/22. You let me know! Lol If it’s loud, please go up to windjammer and complain so it’s quiet when I’m in there! ? 

Someone posted in Royal Caribbean Cabins on Facebook that this JS is their absolute favorite. 

I was joking with my wife that I would go up to the windjammer every morning and air drop pastries to her. ?

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'll be on Serenade in May 2022 in a Junior Suite, also under the Windjammer, lol.  I stayed directly under the Windjammer on Navigator once and never heard a noise from it.

So it must be fake news so people won’t book them and keep them available for those that know the truth! 

#notbuyingwindjammerstory

#icallbs

@SmoothJ24 There are a lot of factors to determine if a GTY is worth it. Ship and class are the most important. A JS on an Quantum or Oasis class still gets some perks and could cost less than a fifth of a higher suite. The GTY price is usually a bit less than the JS..... but on a different ship could result in something better. As a mostly solo cruiser, I am fine with WS-GTY.