xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Jan 5, 2023 - Jan 15, 2023 (10 Night Eastern Caribbean Holiday)

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep checking for Perfect Day cabanas and beach beds to post to Cruise Planner for purchase to no avail. It seems that as we near the 6 month period, I get more and more inpatient. Anyone else?? I also have been checking for an unlimited dining plan but the only thing available is the 3 day. I have purchased that, just in case and will cancel and repurchase the unlimited if offered, but this is my first cruise I have not seen it offered on. 

• 2 months later...

My Wife and I have never been on a cruise before. We booked this one because my step son and bride are getting Married in board . His mother and I got married last Thanksgiving so this is sort of a Honeymoon for us also. My wife and I don't drink alot of alcohol drinks so would a drink packages be good idea or not ? They gave a bogo 50% off second right now so trying to decide ? Any suggestion one this question . Or another suggestions to ease and improve our cruise experience would be greatly appreciated! 

Ignore the percentage off. Just look at the price per person, per day.  If you don't think you'd spend that much each day on drinks (it includes alcoholic beverages, premium coffees, fresh-squeezed juices, smoothies without protein powder at the Vitality spa) then you may be better off paying a la carte or just getting the Refreshment Package (includes all of the above except alcohol).  

This is a handy tool to help decide if it's worth it for you:  https://cruisetipstv.com/estimator/

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Oasis of the Seas - Jan 5, 2023 - Jan 15, 2023 (10 Night Eastern Caribbean Holiday)
  • 4 weeks later...

Itinerary at booking had stops in Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas; St. John, Antigua; Bridgetown, Barbados; Basseterre, St Kitts; and Philipsburg St. Maarten

Current itinerary has stops in Labadde, Haiti; Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas; Philipsburg St. Maarten; Basseterre, St Kitts: San Juan Puerto Rico; and Perfect day at Coco Cay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 9:37 AM, Alex253 said:

so excited to visit both labadee and perfect day this cruise will be great! this will be my first time on a oasis class ship can not wait to see the size! I did here that the cats show sucks anyone had an experience with this show?

Cats does suck lol. They have shortened it though from a 2:45 show with an intermission to a straight 90 minute show. Fortunately, the other shows and entertainment on Oasis more than make up for Cats.

I am also excited to visit both Labadee and Coco Cay on the same cruise as. We were supposed to do that on Symphony in January before it was cancelled 24 hours prior to sailing. Ironically this sailing originally had neither of these stops on the itinerary.

On 10/18/2022 at 11:37 AM, Alex253 said:

so excited to visit both labadee and perfect day this cruise will be great! this will be my first time on a oasis class ship can not wait to see the size! I did here that the cats show sucks anyone had an experience with this show?

It is so unfortunate - I thought the cast was so talented, so amazing - the dancing, vocals, all of it - and people just start walking out because it's just so dated and (in my opinion) just not a good show for Oasis. There's too many slow, boring parts even with it cut down and people just don't "get it".  I'd seen it several times before and wanted to give it a chance, but, nope, I never want to see that show again.

It does amaze and delight me as to how much talent and production quality Royal brings to their shows overall though, just incredible.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 10:51 AM, Kathleen said:

55 days to go!! Made these reservations long ago and now we are only 55 days away. 

Hoping for a good deal on a dining package on Black Friday. Starting to look at excursions as well since there hasn't been an itinerary change for a while. There have been so many itinerary changes I've been reluctant to book excursions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Katherine said:

I had drink packages at 20% off. I got notified it was now 30% off. I was able to cancel the original order and order new packages at the 30% off.

Normally the % off doesn't matter because they raise and lower the price so it always about the same.  In this case that is the lowest I have seen it for this sailing the year I've been watching at $67.99.

I keep a spreadsheet for everything I buy in the planner and check prices almost everyday and cancel rebook whenever I can save money.  I also track when I cancel and rebook and what the previous prices were so I can track savings.  The Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale week saved us over $400 on our planner purchases but as I said that deluxe beverage package price the lowest I've seen.  We only do the beverage package which we got for 19.99 during the The Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Jan 5, 2023 - Jan 15, 2023 (10 Night Eastern Caribbean Holiday)