checking in with a family of 19

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm impressed.  I don't even know 19 people, much less have 19 family members, lol.

^^^^^^This, AND I pretty much want to enjoy my cruise so sailing with family members? I'm stressed just thinking about it!

Good for you, enjoy the experience together. @Charlie DeanPersonally, I would ask everyone to check in on line by (set a date), so you can help if there are any unexpected hiccups that come up.  Then once everyone is checked in on line articulate/designate a meet up time & place on the ship, maybe for a pre dinner cocktail, at a designated cabin or at dinner.

Let everyone be free to do the terminal check in at their own leisure and then go to their cabin to have a minute. Everyone has different styles and comfort levels and speeds for that matter. Everyone settle in and meet at (set a time) to start your Holiday relaxed & ready to enjoy the experience together. I just know my dads wife is late as a rule, I would be visualizing kicking her off the pier ( oh I digress) before even starting my journey. My advice, keep it loose until everyone is settled in, just my two cents. Have fun!

3 hours ago, Charlie Dean said:

What is the best way to check in my family of 19?  We have 5 staterooms.  Do we go by room or all at once

It goes by room…reservation number.  You can have one person from each room do the check-in and hopefully, if doing it at the same time, you can all get the same boarding time.  I have 13 rooms (31 people…mostly family) and when we checked in for our “never happened” 2020 cruise it went quite smoothly.   Hoping our now 2022 cruise will work out the same!  
Let us know how you make out!

17 hours ago, Charlie Dean said:

What is the best way to check in my family of 19?  We have 5 staterooms.  Do we go by room or all at once

@Charlie Dean I can’t get over the similarity of our situation.  I too have a cruise planned for my family (fourth attempt after three cruise cancellations) of 19 family members and 5 grand suites.  I hope you enjoy your cruise and family as much as I plan to enjoy mine.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm treating my kids and grandkids to the cruise.  I will limit the seapass cards for the grandkids to $15/day and the adults to $25/day that charges my credit card (if I can do this).  I guess that if the adults or grandkids want to do something more, they can go to the customer service desk and pay for what they want and have it put on their seapass cards.  I was wondering at check-in at the terminal if I need to be with seach stateroom occupant and make sure that the limits are set and that my credit card is charged.

6 hours ago, Charlie Dean said:

I'm treating my kids and grandkids to the cruise.  I will limit the seapass cards for the grandkids to $15/day and the adults to $25/day that charges my credit card (if I can do this).  I guess that if the adults or grandkids want to do something more, they can go to the customer service desk and pay for what they want and have it put on their seapass cards.  I was wondering at check-in at the terminal if I need to be with seach stateroom occupant and make sure that the limits are set and that my credit card is charged.

Sounds to me like this might be a Guest Services situation once you are onboard?  I will be interested in how it works out!  Hopefully your cruise is before mine in April…which is when I am treating my kids and grandkids to our cruise!

8 hours ago, Charlie Dean said:

Why don’t you let each family charge their stuff to their own credit card and just give them a cash gift before the cruise that they can apply to their bill on board?  I would think that each sea pass card can only be linked to 1 credit card and doing it your way would make it impossible for them to just charge things to their card. 

On 7/20/2021 at 10:40 PM, Jkaczano said:

Why don’t you let each family charge their stuff to their own credit card and just give them a cash gift before the cruise that they can apply to their bill on board?  I would think that each sea pass card can only be linked to 1 credit card and doing it your way would make it impossible for them to just charge things to their card. 

I think this may be the best option.  I recall having issues trying to limit onboard credit for my kids.....that didn't work. Then there was the time I tried to pay cash to put on their room, that didn't work either (I think they accepted the cash but the credit card still had to be on the room, which meant the could still charge things).  Guest Services seems to have different answers on different ships and even different answers depending on who you speak with on the one ship.  
Loved it when my son ordered movies to watch in the cabin....(hope you caught that sarcasm)...I don't recommend you use your own credit card for anyone's cabin, you never know what charges you will incur.

On 7/20/2021 at 2:37 PM, Charlie Dean said:

Would you like another child/grandchild to make it an even 20? ??