9 night New England & Canada cruise in October

We have a  Canada & New England cruise scheduled 10/6-10/16/21  and final payment is due this week. Has anyone heard anything about the fall cruises and being able to go to Canada?    My husband thinks that they may shorten the cruise or go to different ports. We booked a great aft Jr Suite and I so want to go on the cruise! 

39 minutes ago, zjennk said:

Has anyone heard anything about the fall cruises and being able to go to Canada?  

I am sorry to tell you that all of the New England & Canada cruises for 2021 have been canceled. You should have received an email if you booked through Royal Caribbean.

I was booked on Freedom of the Seas out of Cape Liberty, NJ leaving October 14, 2021. I too was hopeful that they would figure a way to make the cruise go but unfortunately due to Canada closing their ports through the first part of next year, the cruises have been canceled. 

3 hours ago, zjennk said:

I never received an email about canceling. I just received an email in Feb stating that they were looking at different options. I will have to call. 

Well if it is cancelled I would just move it to 2022 because the 9 night Canada/NE cruise is AWESOME. We have done it twice and plan to do it again. Those ports never get old. When you get to go you will love it, 

Freedom has been redeployed to the Caribbean so they have cancelled her Canada/NE sailings.

Other ships remain hopeful for Canada to re-open.  Anything is possible especially with Alaska cruises bypassing Canada.  Despite that, given how far behind Canada is with vaccinations I am doubtful Canada will open to cruise ships in 2021.  

Family there just got their second shots since they are over 50.  The vaccine roll out has been painfully slow in Canada.  

Today (July 5) they are cracking the border open just a sliver for vaccinated travelers but they still requiring testing for vaccinated and everyone who is vaccinated must have a plan ready to quarantine for 14 days if they say you must upon arrival at the border.

The border will continue to open slowly and hopefully by this fall fully vaccinated travelers will have an easier arrival into Canada but that probably won't include cruise ships arriving. 

Anything is possible in these crazy times so they keep these cruises alive for now, other than Freedom that is.

I’m thinking an option would be visiting two or three US ports (Bar Harbor, Portland, Boston etc) and then Bermuda to satisfy the Passenger Vessels Services Act. The recent legislation was specific to Alaska cruises only. But, as I really love Bermuda, that would be a great cruise for me! 
I would also suggest making the final payment if you can, and think of it as an investment. If they cancel the cruise, you can get 125% back as a future cruise credit.?

14 hours ago, zjennk said:

Well I did call Royal Caribbean and according to the customer service representative, the cruise is still happening. They are hoping that by October Canada will allow cruising.  

I am glad you still have a chance for your NE/Canada cruise. I am sorry for the misinformation. I did not realize it was just Freedom that had been canceled and that other ships were still in a "wait and see" status. Good luck.

I rescheduled for September 2022 on Enchantment out of Baltimore.