Is this really Icon?

Definitely not... they just grabbed a generic cruise ship image.

I believe the estimated size of the Icon class is around 200,000 tons... somewhere in between Quantum and Oasis class... I don't believe any official drawings or schematics have been released to the public yet. They may not even be done with the final design just yet. Can't wait to see what she'll look like!

image.thumb.png.487cda3a4e3b979cac3d84664c856ea2.png 

2 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

I believe the estimated size of the Icon class is around 200,000 tons... somewhere in between Quantum and Oasis class... I don't believe any official drawings or schematics have been released to the public yet. They may not even be done with the final design just yet. Can't wait to see what she'll look like!

Ok good. I don’t like that ship lol ? 

2 hours ago, mattymay said:

According to early pictures of the build, Icon is of a similar width to Symphony of the Seas when comparing images at the same stage. At 218,000 GT she's not far behind the early Oasis class ships.

Hmmmm I wonder if that points to a possible Central Park/Boardwalk kind of thing. Hope so! 

On 7/4/2021 at 10:27 AM, JohnK6404 said:

Well I know what cruise I am booking in Fall 2023...

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

See you at the ICON Inaugural. I hope we're not jinxing this ha ha

I’m planning to be on her as well. Not sure for inaugural but hopefully soon after. Hoping she home ports in PC as I’m only 2 hours from there. I thought I heard though that Miami will have LNG capabilities but not sure when. 

55 minutes ago, Jill said:

I’m planning to be on her as well. Not sure for inaugural but hopefully soon after. Hoping she home ports in PC as I’m only 2 hours from there. I thought I heard though that Miami will have LNG capabilities but not sure when. 

2022.  Carnival Celebration will be based there. Mardi Gras has been there this week, they might be running some planning tests etc, or that may just be a coincidence.  

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...