Private Journey Team?

Got an interesting email from RCCL today......we are doing a Christmas sailing on Anthem in a Star Class cabin.  In short the email was "hey I work on the private journey team, the cabanas at CocoCay are filling up, if you want went better book one....and list out the remaining number of slots available for all cabana types.  I was planning on getting a cabana so I ran over to the cruise planner and made a reservation.....but the email also went on to say they could help with any excursion type (even ones not currently offered in cruise planner).....I have never heard of this team/group before....has any one here?

18 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Got an interesting email from RCCL today......we are doing a Christmas sailing on Anthem in a Star Class cabin.  In short the email was "hey I work on the private journey team, the cabanas at CocoCay are filling up, if you want went better book one....and list out the remaining number of slots available for all cabana types.  I was planning on getting a cabana so I ran over to the cruise planner and made a reservation.....but the email also went on to say they could help with any excursion type (even ones not currently offered in cruise planner).....I have never heard of this team/group before....has any one here?

I think @Matthas done a Private Journey.

3 hours ago, ConstantCruiser said:

Very cool - I discussed a similar option when on Celebrity Edge with the excursion manager.  But their description looked more like just providing more private conveyance to the existing excursions.  This seems very "tailor-able" - very much like Matt's example.  I like the examples from the above link, do you know if excursions team creates excursion menus or templates to assist guests with building a custom experience?   

14 hours ago, cruisellama said:

Very cool - I discussed a similar option when on Celebrity Edge with the excursion manager.  But their description looked more like just providing more private conveyance to the existing excursions.  This seems very "tailor-able" - very much like Matt's example.  I like the examples from the above link, do you know if excursions team creates excursion menus or templates to assist guests with building a custom experience?   

Not really sure.  I think it is an interactive process.  They ask question and based on your answers they craft a tour.  

Give them a call and let us know how it goes.

We have done a Private Journey twice and both were great experiences.  We did this as there was not a tour that fit exactly what we wanted and both times it was just me and an 8 year old traveling.  I provided info as to what we wanted to do to tailor/customize the tour.  The cost was what we would pay for a family of 4 on a regular tour so not too much sticker shock.

The tour guides were great, knowledgeable and brought us to other places they thought we would enjoy based on our interactions in the first hour.

To me the best part was the flexability -- kid is hungry, let's stop here where there is great XYZ to be found...or...that little beach spot looks nice, so let's stop and take a quick swim.  

Getting of the ship and to the meet up was easy and all Staff knew where to point us.  This was SO much easier then 3rd party excursions we have done in the past.  

I would not hesitate to do use this service, some of the best money spent each time.

I got a similar email for my Star Class cruise in November...

*Waits for @Lovetocruise2002 to fall over*

A few weeks before we sailed on Adventure of the Seas, I emailed Private Journeys about a tour in Cozumel because back then they were limiting you to RC excursions. They responded back they weren't yet taking reservations, but that was back in like April or May.

I would definitely use Private Journeys again, especially in a port I am unfamiliar with.

Anyway, apologies for the thread hijack, but the Private Journeys email thing for Star Class guests seems to be going around lately.  There are many others (not myself because for some reason I never get emails from Royal) in Star Class groups who have received these emails lately, so definitely not a new thing, and likely not a scam.