Can you iron on board

Irons are prohibited.  Pretty much anything that heats up is prohibited with the exception of hair irons and such.  Royal Caribbean does not have self-sevice laundry rooms, but they do have a laundry and dry cleaning service.  The prices are a tad higher than on land, but no unreasonable.  I beleive they do have a lower rate if you just need something pressed (I've done this on other lines, not 100%, but again, they definitely have dry cleaning).

Their rules below:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=333

The hot shower works great as does the steam room in the spa.   

This is what I often do on day one.

Now, a funny story about this.  While I do it on almost every cruise, I did run into a problem once, I think it was on the Disney Dream.

After a few minutes I opened the bathroom door to get my clothes, and the water vapor rushed out of the bathroom.  Well, there are several types of smoke dtectors out there - some look for products of combustion, some infrared light (flames/sparks), this one, well, I just know it didn't like the water vapor.  Within seconds of opening the door the fire alarm went off and my stateroom phone rang.  The bridge was calling to see what was happening in the room.  Once I explained the silenced the alarm and I spent the muster drill apologizing for the noise and concern.

This is what I often do on day one.

Now, a funny story about this.  While I do it on almost every cruise, I did run into a problem once, I think it was on the Disney Dream.

After a few minutes I opened the bathroom door to get my clothes, and the water vapor rushed out of the bathroom.  Well, there are several types of smoke dtectors out there - some look for products of combustion, some infrared light (flames/sparks), this one, well, I just know it didn't like the water vapor.  Within seconds of opening the door the fire alarm went off and my stateroom phone rang.  The bridge was calling to see what was happening in the room.  Once I explained the silenced the alarm and I spent the muster drill apologizing for the noise and concern.

The Disney Fantasy actually has a sign in the bathroom requesting that you not keep the bathroom door open for this specific reason.  My guess is that they added the sign after many false alarms on the Disney Dream.

The Disney Fantasy actually has a sign in the bathroom requesting that you not keep the bathroom door open for this specific reason.  My guess is that they added the sign after many false alarms on the Disney Dream.

This small contribution that I may have made to the Fantasy may be the closest I'll even come to being an imagineer.

• 2 years later...

This is One thing that really pisses me off!

No laundry room?  Then they should press for free!  I’ve tried their service and it’s shockingly bad!  Wrecked my dress shirt!

I know it sounds crazy but that coupled with the constant charges for stuff which should be included has me booking with Princess Cruises!

RCI just don’t learn!

laundry room !

Those who have read Jack Reacher novels know the trick about putting clothes under the mattress at night so they are flat in the morning....never tried it though; I stick to hanging something in the bathroom when I shower (the day before), and the next day it is largely wrinkle free.

4 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Those who have read Jack Reacher novels know the trick about putting clothes under the mattress at night so they are flat in the morning....never tried it though; I stick to hanging something in the bathroom when I shower (the day before), and the next day it is largely wrinkle free.

I was thinking this exactly and was about to mention it but saw that you already did!

I love Reacher!

• 6 months later...
On 7/18/2019 at 10:47 AM, tiny260 said:

Use Downy wrinkle release spray, work wonders on shirts, pants, dresses and suite coast.

The idea of steaming in the bathroom also works.

I use Dollar General wrinkle release. Its $1.99 for a huge bottle. I take it everywhere on my travels. It works wonders