Info on Galveston hotels

There is a whole thread dedicated to Galveston......but I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton, the last time I was there. It was about $170/nt with my members discount but who knows what the prices maybe like post-pandemic.

Edit...

The topic All things Galveston is located on page three, I don't know how to link a topic.

We stay in Clear Lake the night or two before and make a mini-vacation out of the pre-cruise time. Johnson Space Center and Kemah boardwalk are right there along  with a ton of restaurants. Houston museums and the zoo are just 20-30 minutes from there. We have stayed at a couple different Hilton properties (there are several) in that area - cheaper than Galveston and no multi night stay requirement.

Staying along the seawall is always a good classic.  Theres tons of shops, restaurants, etc down the length of the shore.  Any drive from the seawall to the port is around 10-20 minutes in my experience.  Lots of the hotels have shuttles to the cruise port.  I have never seen a multi-night stay requirement at the 10 or so different hotels I've stayed at there, but it has been about 2 years.  My tradition was always eating at Gaido's or Nick's the night before or at Fisherman's Wharf which is along the port side of the island not real far from the Cruise Terminal.  

If you have a family, there are places like Casa Del Mar or Victorian Hotel which are condo type units and have Usually a master bedroom, couch bed, and installed bunk beds in the wall to sleep around 6 people in a room.  Nicer places there's the San Luis resort or Hotel Galvez which is more historical.  I stayed at a Comfort Suites along the seawall last time, it was about 150 for the night for a large room.  Short uber to lots of restaurants and had an onsite bar, and a free port shuttle.  If you're driving in, look for hotels there that let you park for free if you're on a cruise.  There are many of those, that can save some parking money if that's a concern as well.  

On 7/2/2021 at 7:41 PM, wordell1 said:

Stay in the Webster area and go to the Johnson Space Center.  Its cheaper and Galveston is just OK as a beach destination. 

How far a drive is Webster to Galveston?

On 7/2/2021 at 7:51 PM, KevinBolton said:

My wife and I stay at Springhill Suites by Marriott in Webster, just south of Houston many times.  It is just one block off interstate with many different restaurants nearby.  We get up eat breakfast and in 32 mins be at Cruise Terminal.

Thats exactly what we do.  Dinner at Saltgrass the night before.

I'm seeing some pretty expensive hotel rates for a couple upcoming cruises.  We are staying at the Hilton Space Center on Clear Lake for one cruise and at the Springhill Suites in Webster for the other one. I normally advocate staying on Galveston Island and enjoying the island before a cruise, but if you don't like the hotel rates then the Webster or Clear Lake areas are a good option.

11 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

We usually stay at the Hilton on NASA boulevard, it’s about a 30 minute drive from hotel parking lot to the terminal. (Side note, about a 10-15 minute drive over to Kemah Boardwalk for dinner the night before) 

Great suggestion on the Kemah boardwalk.