Where's my FCC?

I can't speak on this 100% as I'm not in the FCC boat but I wonder if it's a similar thing as when my cruise had the ships shift.

There was a deadline date for customers to make it known they wanted a refund and then, about 2 or 3 days after that date things started shifting to make sense (in my case, my cruise planner refund processed and my final payment was able to process).

Maybe the FCC is the same thing and you'll see something in a couple of days?

1 hour ago, VoidoftheSeas said:

Has anyone seen their FCC email for the July 2nd deadline? 

I have scoured my inbox and spam to make sure I haven't missed something, but today's the last day and I haven't heard a peep.

When was the change to your cruise made or how long as it been since you made your selection?

The reason I'm asking is because sometimes it does take up to 30 days after your made your selection or your cruise has been canceled for your FCC's to show up. I've had quite a few canceled cruise where I choose the FCC and it took 30 days for them to show up in my email others I've gotten as quickly as 5 to 10 days later. 

21 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

When was the change to your cruise made or how long as it been since you made your selection?

The reason I'm asking is because sometimes it does take up to 30 days after your made your selection or your cruise has been canceled for your FCC's to show up. I've had quite a few canceled cruise where I choose the FCC and it took 30 days for them to show up in my email others I've gotten as quickly as 5 to 10 days later. 

I had the same issue as @VoidoftheSeasin that our July 11th cruise from Galveston on Liberty OTS was canceled.  In the e-mail we received it said FCC would be issued by July 2nd.  Also, if you want the FCC there isn't a selection to make.  I expected them to be a bit behind, so I will wait until next Friday the 9th before I call.  Last years FCC's came right around the 30 day mark.

On 7/2/2021 at 11:19 AM, VoidoftheSeas said:

Has anyone seen their FCC email for the July 2nd deadline? 

I have scoured my inbox and spam to make sure I haven't missed something, but today's the last day and I haven't heard a peep.

I had waited well over 90 days when they said 45. If you are on Twitter, message them. That team seems to be the most consistent as far as feedback. Only once did they say you used a TA we can't respond, almost every other time they were pretty clear with where things were with particulars. I venture to say they were better then calling customer care. If using a TA and wanting to apply to a future sailing this seems to make the process a little quicker, they were quick for one of my cancellations to "find" my owed FCC and apply it to the one I was trying to pay for, but @Sharla handled that for me. Good Luck!

UPDATE - I am on the phone with RC right now discussing a couple of items regarding an upcoming cruise and decided to ask about the FCC's for my canceled July 11th, 2021 cruise.  He told me they had been issued and gave me all of the information.  I told him I had not received anything via email, (yes I checked spam) and they were checking with support to find out if/when they were e-mailed out.  So, if you want them, you may want to give them a call. **** latest update - they are emailing them to me now. @VoidoftheSeas

Was in the same boat.  Never received my July2nd FCC's and I get everything in my email from Royal.  I think that is a bunch of bull....too many people didn't receive them, but if you call, they have the cert. #s. Double check their math for the amounts you should be getting. I had to argue with them about being $250. short. on my certs.  After speaking with a supervisor at the Pinnacle desk, the right amount was issued.  ps.  I won.

5 hours ago, VoidoftheSeas said:

I love Royal's cruises, but they have a long way to go from a technology perspective. Their system still lives in the 80s/90s, and it's obvious they don't really see updating it as a priority.

There is more truth to this than you realize.

Some companies see no value in IT or the platforms they support.  It's a huge cost center and money pit.   So they refuse to invest in technology because it doesn't generate revenue they can see and touch, it's not a stand alone profit center like a ship is.  Ships print money, IT just wastes it.    

As a former IT executive as I moved between companies I learned pretty quickly to ask questions during the interview process to figure out what kind of company they are.  When I saw this pattern I ran away.  

Don't blame IT, blame the executives who see no value in IT or don't fund it properly.  Those same executives right now... don't care.  Just think of the money they've saved!  Once the pandemic is over everything in the company will be right again!

On 7/6/2021 at 2:39 PM, twangster said:

Some companies see no value in IT or the platforms they support.  It's a huge cost center and money pit.   So they refuse to invest in technology because it doesn't generate revenue they can see and touch, it's not a stand alone profit center like a ship is.  Ships print money, IT just wastes it.    

As a former IT executive as I moved between companies I learned pretty quickly to ask questions during the interview process to figure out what kind of company they are.  When I saw this pattern I ran away.  

Don't blame IT, blame the executives who see no value in IT or don't fund it properly.  Those same executives right now... don't care.  Just think of the money they've saved!  Once the pandemic is over everything in the company will be right again!

Oh, I don't blame IT. I work in tech. This is firmly a leadership issue. 

I wonder if it needs to be solved externally, though. Maybe someone needs to start a cruise line booking management system company.

I never got an FCC email for my cancelled August 1st sailing out of Port Canaveral.  I got in touch with my TA and he had the info.  He told me he thought RC would send me an email.  It says my FCC expires 4/22/22,  I didn't realize it had such a short life.  My April cruise in a GS on the Harmony has gone up $5K for the two of us.  Glad I got the reservations when I did.

1 hour ago, MikeK said:

It says my FCC expires 4/22/22,  I didn't realize it had such a short life. 

It has to be applied to a cruise by April '22.  The cruise can sail through September '22. 

However you make good point.  As time has marched forward many will find themselves approaching a closing window to use their FCC within.

At least you can stack FCC now - apply more than one FCC to a single booking.

On 7/6/2021 at 4:39 PM, twangster said:

You are absolutely right. 

Royal needs to invests large sums of money in IT, in today's environment even if there was no COVID customers expect better from a company the size of Royal Caribbean. 

Recently I paid off one of my upcoming cruises using FCC's I conducted the entire transaction online, it then stated no balance remains on this reservation. A few days later maybe 5 or 6 days later I decided to sign in and see how much remained outstanding a different cruise and me not paying attention clicked on the wrong cruise I had the wrong reservation number and up pops the cruise I know I paid off with FCCs showing $1200 dollar outstanding balance.  I had to snatch myself real quick because my blood was about to boil, and I called the loyalty desk the first agent stated she couldn't help me and transferred me over to a  different department. The new agent could help but she was like since you used 2 FCCs the computer decided to apply the full amount  of the first FCC but not the full amount of the 2nd FCC and we will re-issue you another FCC for the remaining amount in 30 days. She stated there must have been an IT problem or glitch. She could see in her system both FCC certificates, she could see my selection to apply both there were no name changes no funny business but RCC computers decided nope not applying the full amount of the second FCC. She had to transfer me over to a manager because a manager was the only one who could override and apply the full amount of the 2nd FCC to the cruise.  She kept saying you will get another FCC in 30 days and I kept saying I don't want another FCC I want the full amount of the FCC already used applied to the cruise I selected. 

I'm glad I clicked on the wrong cruise and entered the wrong information I still can't explain how I did that but if I hadn't I would gone on thinking my cruise is paid in full and there would have a $1200 dollar outstanding balance because Royals computers decided not to apply the full amount of the 2nd FCC.