Shore Excursion Cancelation with No Notice?

DDaley

I logged in the CP and was glancing at my calendar when I realized a Labadee excursion I had purchased last November for Nov 21 was missing! It is operated by a third party (Labadee Speedboat & Snorkel) but the speedboat-only variation of this excursion is still available for sale (and at $16 more - for less of an excursion) which leads me to believe they didn't go out of business due to the pandemic. 

I find it odd that I had to find this out on my own, does Royal not alert you to cancelations on excursions? 

I usually get an email when anything booked in the CP is cancelled.  From dining reservations to internet packages to shore excursions - if it is cancelled I get an email.  

I'm guessing that shore excursions will be somewhat fluid this year as 3rd party companies have either gone under or lost staff who left to find other work.  

On 7/2/2021 at 2:28 PM, Baked Alaska said:

Are you SURE that it is cancelled and not just sold out? Sometimes excursions drop off when they've sold out (rather than putting the "sold out" banner across the picture).

Yep, it's no longer on my calendar and I was refunded the money ?