Wonderland on Anthem

Scoular

Hi All,

My mum and I have a suite booked on Anthem in September and so we have access to CK. It will be her first ever cruise. 

In the past I’ve been super pleased with the MDR and not felt the need to try anything else, obviously this time we’ll also try CK as it’s free but Wonderland intrigues me.

Has anyone tried Wonderland on Anthem and if so, did you enjoy it? 

It’s current up for purchase at £40/$55USD pp. Is that a good deal? Do you think there could be a 4th July sale? 

Food is great, unique experience.  Not something I feel the need to repeat but definitely something to try.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5068-anthem-112517-712-b2b/&do=findComment&comment=49948

Be careful what time you book.  Wonderland sits above the Royal Esplanade and is separated by a sheer curtain.   All sounds from the Esplanade are heard in Wonderland.  If you are eating during a PA heavy time like a t-shirt or watch sale or other Esplanade shopping extravaganza when they are making non-stop PA announcements it impacts the dining experience.  Same for Izumi which also sits above the Esplanade.

During some of those shopping events they talk and talk and talk.  It's near non-stop PA announcements for 20 to 30 minutes and very loud.

38 minutes ago, ConstantCruiser said:

Food is great, unique experience.  Not something I feel the need to repeat but definitely something to try.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5068-anthem-112517-712-b2b/&do=findComment&comment=49948

Be careful what time you book.  Wonderland sits above the Royal Esplanade and is separated by a sheer curtain.   All sounds from the Esplanade are heard in Wonderland.  If you are eating during a PA heavy time like a t-shirt or watch sale or other Esplanade shopping extravaganza when they are making non-stop PA announcements it impacts the dining experience.  Same for Izumi which also sits above the Esplanade.

During some of those shopping events they talk and talk and talk.  It's near non-stop PA announcements for 20 to 30 minutes and very loud.

Thanks! Any idea when they usually are? Do you think a 7:15pm time is safe?

12 minutes ago, Scoular said:

Thanks! Any idea when they usually are? Do you think a 7:15pm time is safe?

Hard to say as they plan many ship activities around the itinerary.   I don't think they plan major shopping extravaganzas when the main shows are likely pulling people away from the Esplanade.  The suite concierge may have some thoughts on this.   

3 hours ago, Scoular said:

Hi All,

My mum and I have a suite booked on Anthem in September and so we have access to CK. It will be her first ever cruise. 

In the past I’ve been super pleased with the MDR and not felt the need to try anything else, obviously this time we’ll also try CK as it’s free but Wonderland intrigues me.

Has anyone tried Wonderland on Anthem and if so, did you enjoy it? 

It’s current up for purchase at £40/$55USD pp. Is that a good deal? Do you think there could be a 4th July sale? 

Definitely worth the try.  Food is unique, and almost a little show in itself.  The servers act within a quirky Wonderland theme.  They also offer some themed cocktails that are only offered in that restaurant/bar.  We found Wonderland enjoyable.

I just realised the £40 pp includes gratuities so it’s actually about £33 pp which for the show of it all, something completely different and the cool looking cocktails (which I’m super excited for) I have decided to book and if there is a sale of some sort, I’ll just cancel and rebook. 

I’d have chosen chops+1 or the 3 night deal if the steak on steak night in the MDR wasn’t so great but I just can’t see Chops being £35 better. Especially when people also say how amazing the CK is too. 

Thank you all for your help in convincing me to book Wonderland! 

Unless s

On 7/2/2021 at 2:00 PM, cruisellama said:

They also offer some themed cocktails that are only offered in that restaurant/bar.

I think that only applies to the Wonderland venues on Oasis class ships. For sure when my wife and I dined in Wonderland on Anthem in 2018, it had no bar of its own and we weren't offered to try their special cocktails.

On 7/5/2021 at 9:04 PM, JLMoran said:

Unless s

I think that only applies to the Wonderland venues on Oasis class ships. For sure when my wife and I dined in Wonderland on Anthem in 2018, it had no bar of its own and we weren't offered to try their special cocktails.

This is from royal app for my upcoming cruise on Anthem on Oct.

3E78ADB3-9E70-487A-B14F-76614B904C7F.png