Liberty OTS September 26 Theme Cruise

My wife found out from her FB cruise group that our September 26 cruise out of Galveston on the first sailing of Liberty OTS is a theme cruise. ? We really do not have a problem with it as it is the Texas Country Music Cruise and as a Texas couple we won't mind the music by the pool and the wafting of tunes up from the On Air Club. The only possible down side is the possibility of getting bumped but we have had this booked for quite a while as a GTY and they assigned our JS room a couple of weeks ago. The only other down side is the closing of Studio B for the ice skating show as they will use that venue for concerts as well as the Star Lounge. We will see how it goes as most of the ship is booked out by the theme group and was removed from the RCCL website.?

Wow!  I had no idea!  My wife and I are on that sailing and neither RCL nor our TA (cruise.com) has notified us of this.  In fact, we've already made our final payment.   

Neither my wife or myself are country music fans (I looked at the music lineup and have not heard of anyone).  We also enjoy the ice shows and Quest Game (which are held in Studio B).  

I just emailed our agent to see what she says.  But, we are a bit concerned.  We booked and paid for a promenade view room (wanted to try it) as well as a few cruise planner items (drink pkgs, Voom, and an excursion).

We only found out last Thursday and were not told and probably would have only found out when we arrived except for the wife's FB Galveston cruising group. I would talk to your TA about changing your trip as this was not in the plans when you booked.

We were on the Liberty in 2019 on the Texas Country Music Cruise.  Like you, we found out from a Facebook group, or maybe when we joined the Cruise Critic Roll Call.  I am not a country fan at all, so was not really excited about this.  Not having access to some of the areas of the ship was a big bummer.  The participants of the TCM cruise were not bad at all, just some of the things we wanted to do we could not.  Needless to say, when we booked the follow up cruise that was supposed to happen in 2020, and then when we moved that one to this year we made sure we were not on the same cruise as the TCMC.  Hope it works out for you!

6 hours ago, redraider629 said:

We were on the Liberty in 2019 on the Texas Country Music Cruise.  Like you, we found out from a Facebook group, or maybe when we joined the Cruise Critic Roll Call.  I am not a country fan at all, so was not really excited about this.  Not having access to some of the areas of the ship was a big bummer.  The participants of the TCM cruise were not bad at all, just some of the things we wanted to do we could not.  Needless to say, when we booked the follow up cruise that was supposed to happen in 2020, and then when we moved that one to this year we made sure we were not on the same cruise as the TCMC.  Hope it works out for you!

Do you remember if there were ice shows the nights the group didn't have Studio B booked?  Also, was there a Quest game?

13 hours ago, baltodave said:

Do you remember if there were ice shows the nights the group didn't have Studio B booked?  Also, was there a Quest game?

Yes, they still had Ice Shows when the grop did not use Studio B.  We just could not ice skate during the day, which my daughter was very disappointed in.  About the quest game, I did not realize that was something they offered when we were on, so did not really look for it.  Thinking back though, I don't remember seeing it; but again, I was not really looking, and just might not be remembering well.  Sorry that is not too helpful.

I just received an email from the travel agent selling the Country Music cruise and she told me that in prior years, they did have ice shows and Quest game on the days they didn't have Studio B booked.  

@redraider629: Don't know how old your daughter is but the Quest game is very "R" rated (and a blast!).  If you go on another cruise, you should look out for it. It's usually towards the end of the cruise, late at night (10:30 and/or later) and held in Studio B.  I tell my friends to just take a nap that day so you're awake for it.