Travel Agents

Is it wrong or bothering at TA if I am in the "Just thinking about / Just getting prices" phase of planning a cruise to ask a TA to get you prices.  I am only 60% sure we are doing the cruise I am wanting prices for.  I hate wasting peoples time if I am not 90+% sure I am moving forward.

As always Thanks

I cruise often and make my own reservations using the web site. But I am lucky to be in a position where I can give my reservations the attention they need. And they really need attention! 
I do a lot of research. Every so often I check online to see if prices have dropped for my bookings…or I might want to upgrade or make other changes. It takes time to enter each date and information and then compare with my reservation confirmations. When I see a price drop, or I want to change cabin categories or locations, or dates, or even ships…I call RC and go through the menu until I get to a representative. I do have to say…every person I have dealt with at Royal has been friendly, courteous and professional. It is a pleasure to work with them.

But if I did not have the ability to continually check prices and keep track of my bookings, I would definitely rely on a good travel agent. They monitor your booking for you…check for prices drops and then get the lesser price…and even provide bonuses like on board credit and other amenities. If you want to make any changes to your reservation, just let them know and they will handle it for you. They are your representative and a good travel agent will work hard to make your cruise experience as smooth as possible (pun intended?).

Here's an example of what a TA does, well at least mine ([email protected]). Today received a nice surprise from her stating my cruise next year went down by $310.00! Didn't ask her to check she just did it, she said they have tools that alert them to price changes. No researching or anything, this left me to do my thing. She has a lot of experience in Alaska cruises if you want more information just ask her, no charge.

We once sent our TA an email while on a cruise, requesting they research a cruise we were interested in.  They did but we actually got a better deal by using Next cruise onboard.  Sent our TA the Next Cruise deal and they replied back to book it on board.  We did and then transferred it to our TA, who even gave us some OBC.