Phantom OBC

On Monday I tried to take advantage of a cruise planner sale and discovered that $75 promotional OBC was added to my account.  I used $25 on one excursion and was going to use the balance on another, but at checkout the OBC had been reduced (it should have been $50 but only $25 showed).  So $25 in OBC disappeared.  But at the same time, the "sale" discount of 20% jumped to 25%.  Given previous posts, IT issues aren't a surprise anymore.  But I had never encountered these particular cruise planner issues before.  My takeaway is to use all of the promotional OBC at once!

1 hour ago, ChessE4 said:

On Monday I tried to take advantage of a cruise planner sale and discovered that $75 promotional OBC was added to my account.  I used $25 on one excursion and was going to use the balance on another, but at checkout the OBC had been reduced (it should have been $50 but only $25 showed).  So $25 in OBC disappeared.  But at the same time, the "sale" discount of 20% jumped to 25%.  Given previous posts, IT issues aren't a surprise anymore.  But I had never encountered these particular cruise planner issues before.  My takeaway is to use all of the promotional OBC at once!

Several months ago I had phantom OBC on a couple of my cruises.  No idea where it came from, but I used it for drinks or dining packages....all at once.  I completely expected it to disappear when I repriced my packages later for a lower rate but to my great astonishment, it did not go away and I reused it again.  Since that time, all but 1 of those cruises has fallen away due to cancellation but I still have 1 cruise left that has the phantom OBC on it.  So far, so good !

I agree with you though, @ChessE4, I recommend you use it all at once and gobble it up.  The worst that can happen is it goes away as mysteriously as it appeared, but you're no worse off if it does.

I have $100 OBC that showed up on my odyssey holy land/Greece cruise. Our original got cancelled and that had a $50 OBC because it came with the group rate. 

I don’t know where this one came from and we didn’t lift and shift because they wouldn’t let us L&S a 9 night to a 12. It might be because they canceled all Odyssey out of Rome this year. Anyways, guess I better find something to apply it to in case it disappears