Is Coastal Kitchen formal on formal night?

De-nice

wear what you want (except a bathing suit) you payed the price for a suite and you certainly should be able to enjoy your vacation the way you want.  i'd bet if you can afford a suite your not wearing torn greasy jeans and a sleeves cutoff t-shirt anywhere, so you should be fine.

15 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

wear what you want (except a bathing suit) you payed the price for a suite and you certainly should be able to enjoy your vacation the way you want.  i'd bet if you can afford a suite your not wearing torn greasy jeans and a sleeves cutoff t-shirt anywhere, so you should be fine.

? OMG, if you knew my husband you would know he wouldn't be caught dead outside the house in torn jeans and a cutoff T.  The other night my son's girlfriend was coming over and my husband's reaction was no one told him and he was too casual.  He was wearing denim shorts and a t-shirt that didn't even have pit stains.  We assured him he looked fine and that she wasn't coming to see him anyway.  But then again, I never saw his father without a tie until after I married his son, and even then he would apologize to me for being so casual.  He is his father's son.  I don't know if I can even convince him to not wear a tie to CK on formal night.  But then again...if I "forget" to pack one.... 

14 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I don't know about that... this is what a $1,750 pair of jeans looks like these days.

balmain-grey-ribbed-patches-slim-jeans.thumb.jpg.831af7467d1c6ca058a8b3c9edbbfb7c.jpg

I won't even buy $50 jeans if they are not on sale!  I never did understand people buying ripped jeans and paying good money for them, the jeans are just going to rip eventually anyway!

3 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Then by all means wear them to dinner in Coastal Kitchen if you like.

Guess like a few here I'm a little out of touch with what Kids do today.

The funny thing is that after the last year, I don’t know if any of us are “in touch” with what the new normal will be.  My husband wears scrubs all day at work now, even to see his office patients and not just when doing procedures.  He’s wearing jeans to the hospital board of governor’s meetings because they’re still via Zoom.  He gets home and changes into tshirts with shorts or pajama bottoms. I have gone from wearing jeans to sweatpants (even when out running errands). The idea of dressing up for a cruise is concerning and worrisome.  I’m not even sure any of my “nice” clothes fit.  My teenagers’ clothes won’t - One had his annual physical today and grew 5 inches since last year.  They’re homeschooled and have been living in sweats, shorts, and pajamas.  It’s one of the reasons we booked suites for our next 3 cruises (MDR delivered to room).  That and it’s still cheaper than what we were paying for balcony rooms on DCL.

11 minutes ago, Jkaczano said:

I’m not even sure any of my “nice” clothes fit.

I'm pretty sure I've gained my "Covid 19" (if not "Covid 20+" ?). Definitely gonna need a new suit for next year.

As far as the dress code in CK, my wife and I were in a JS on Anthem in 2018 for a 5-night Bermuda sailing. Was too short to justify wearing a suit for me / fancy dress for her, so we dressed more like what used to be "business casual" -- me in chinos and a button-down shirt, I think my wife was in a pantsuit or else a simple dress.

Turns out we over-dressed. We saw several other people there in the aforementioned jeans and either a polo or a casual t-shirt.

I am currently working on losing my Covid-19.  Sucks but I am determined to look decent on our cruise.  Still don’t think I necessarily want to dress up for formal night.  Khakis & polo or button down shirts for the guys.  Light summer dresses for me & my daughter.  I’ve said it before - I will keep my elbows off the table, chew with my mouth closed, put my napkin in my lap.  At this point not sure we need to do more.

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Lol, I starting Covid-19 larger than I finished, lost about 35lbs. I literally just went shopping on my day off to get simple summer dresses for my Oct cruise. We are staying in a suite and plan to eat at least 3 nights at CK.

Ok I hate you!!!!

@PoochI am a plus size woman, been that way since I was 14. I didn't even realized I had lost weight because I was working from home. Wearing nothing but pajamas during the first 3 months of quarantine. Went back to work at my second job last July and my slacks and blouses were too loose. Everyone had put on weight but me, I was like yes!!!!

On 6/30/2021 at 6:32 PM, De-nice said:

I’m over dressing up on formal nights (well, more like over having to packing dressy clothes). As we have access to CK, can I just plan to be “dressy casual” on those nights and eat there?

Even before the shutdown due to SARS-CoV-2, you could have worn "dressy casual" (or worse) in the MDR on "formal" nights.

I hadn’t even considered that our fancy dress clothes wouldn’t fit. We definitely put on the COVID 19 (or 20, or 25). We have a family wedding in August so something has got to fit by then or we are going shopping,

I’ve been slowly taking off the pounds since mid-January, and I’m about 10 pounds away from my cruise goal. As is usual for women, I keep plateauing and am lucky if I lose a pound a week. My husband lost 25 by Easter ?

My last time in CK was a formal night.  I was in slacks and a button up shirt (that's the dressiest I have now).  We saw coats and ties,  Tuxedos, and there was a family sitting next to us with a genie helping them with the next days plans so he had to be a star class.  He was dressed in shorts, T-shirt and flip flops and the rest of his family was about the same.