To Jr suite or not?

PaulRC

I Thinking of booking my next cruise and am wanting some input on the JR suite vs a balcony on the Mariner OTS.  I know there is about 64sqFt of room difference. That may be a lot of room I am not so sure it is worth the $500. I don't mind spending an extra $500 if it is worth it, just not sure.   It is a 5 day cruise.  I might enjoy the UDP in stead.  Any way anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Three cruises ago we upgraded to the Junior Suite - no going back now.  My wife loves the bath tub, much better than the smaller than an old fashion telephone booth shower.  The extra square feet may not sound like much on paper - but is noticeable once you get to the room.  

The double points for a suite is also pretty significant.  You can't take any cruise for $500.

DON'T DO IT!  Just kidding.  We made the jump to JSs years ago and haven't looked back.  The extra space, the upgraded bathroom, a walk-in closet and double C+A points is worth the extra money,  About 8 or 10 cruises ago we made the jump to the bigger suites.  It is an addiction worse than any drug.  We now book Grand Suites or above.  We  can't resist the extra perks especially on Oasis ships.  If you make the jump you will know what we are talking about.  Good luck and happy sailing

On 6/30/2021 at 2:46 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Are you chasing loyalty status?  $500 for 5 extra points (10 if you qre solo) might be a good trade-off if you are.

I never thought about it but, Yes I guess I am.   I am not sure why but I am.   So let me ask this question related to that.

After the March cruise I will be Platinum.  I am also looking to do a cruise in Oct 22.  I read that the pricing is better the higher loyalty rank you are.  Should I wait to book my Oct 22 cruise until I achieve Platinum? If I do not and I book before to get a better price would I be able to get the credit for making Platinum after I book and maybe get a OBC or something?

19 minutes ago, PaulRC said:

Should I wait to book my Oct 22 cruise until I achieve Platinum?

My thought is it is always better to book early in case the base rate goes up.  Once you hit Platinum you can check and see if the current pricing plus the platinum discount is better and reprice it then if so.  The discount is a fixed amount based on length of the cruise and how far in advance you are booking.  

This link is for their Singapore site, but it shows the breakdown.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/crown-anchor-society/balcony-and-suites-chart?country=SGP

49 minutes ago, PaulRC said:

After the March cruise I will be Platinum.  I am also looking to do a cruise in Oct 22.  I read that the pricing is better the higher loyalty rank you are.  Should I wait to book my Oct 22 cruise until I achieve Platinum? If I do not and I book before to get a better price would I be able to get the credit for making Platinum after I book and maybe get a OBC or something?

I'd say book the best price now, you can always reprice after you level up.

We have 78 points.  Think we have been through a few levels.  I have priced trips with and without my C&A account number and never saw a difference.  Just my experience in spite of what the C&A benefits list says.

Is it true that suites earn double points?  So a 5 night cruise in a balcony gives 5 points x2 for the Covid boost giving a total of 10 loyalty points.  Now if it is a JR suite I get the for mentioned 10 X 2 for the suite giving my 10 loyalty points.  Is that correct?

Thanks

Paul 

9 minutes ago, PaulRC said:

Is it true that suites earn double points?  So a 5 night cruise in a balcony gives 5 points x2 for the Covid boost giving a total of 10 loyalty points.  Now if it is a JR suite I get the for mentioned 10 X 2 for the suite giving my 10 loyalty points.  Is that correct?

Thanks

Paul 

Yes, you would receive 4 points per night in a suite during the x2 points.