Rhapsody May 22 cruises cancelled

Earlier today I had my May 2022 cruise cancelled out of Tampa. Apparently, ROS is being repositioned to Europe. Funny thing is the subject they send says "change" and then you have to get through the entire first paragraph until they tell you it's cancelled. No complaints as long as my two sailings before that go off as planned. 74 days until I walk aboard Symphony in Miami!!!!

Apologies of this has been mentioned already.

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Did they give you an option to move (shift) your cruise and price protect it ?

No they didn't. Two choices, find a cruise and shift your current deposit/payment with extra onboard credit of $50 or $100 based on cabin level or a full refund. 

No price protection but at 11 months out, I didn't expect it. 

Here are the options from the email:

Option 1: Re-book any Royal Caribbean International sailing

Book any sailing, and we'll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.

Please know, you'll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.

If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

You'll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

$50 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | $100 USD for Suites

Plus, an additional $25 USD for each third or more guest to spend onboard

Lastly, you'll be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 USD per guest for International flights).

Please email your airline receipts and booking information to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Option 2: If you can't find a new cruise itinerary that works for you and choose to cancel, we'll be sad to see you go.

We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment, including any non-refundable deposit.

You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request.

Lastly, if you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate your original certificate.

Sorry to hear... I have a couple cruises I'm booked on I'd cry big time if they changed. I have one that has already changed several times and  each change amount to a down grade... Wish that one would flop so I could pick another...