Question about Test Cruises and the ships they are being done on

Seeing that Royal Caribbean has different class ships, I saw in a post that the Allure was doing their testing on July 27-29th 2021, and now I see that Oasis is doing test cruises as well on August 22-28th 2021.

OK here come the dumb question ...

Aren't these Test cruises on the same class ship redundant and not necessary? and will then all cruise ships that sail from a US port need to undergo test sailings at some point?

Or am I missing something?

While they may seem redundant and unnecessary because of the b.s the CDC has pulled. They aren't. Each ship is its own entity and class has nothing to do with it. If they were Oasis 1 and Oasis 2 then yes it would seem like 1 test sailing would be enough. I don't think any of the ships has a 100% copy and paste situation. Like Oasis has been amped, look at Mariner compared to Indy and so on. The CDC in their diffidently finite wisdom said if a ship wants to sail it needs a test cruise or 95% vaxxed...so yes they all need a test sail under the current CDC/CSO crap.

8 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

While they may seem redundant and unnecessary because of the b.s the CDC has pulled. They aren't. Each ship is its own entity and class has nothing to do with it. If they were Oasis 1 and Oasis 2 then yes it would seem like 1 test sailing would be enough. I don't think any of the ships has a 100% copy and paste situation. Like Oasis has been amped, look at Mariner compared to Indy and so on. The CDC in their diffidently finite wisdom said if a ship wants to sail it needs a test cruise or 95% vaxxed...so yes they all need a test sail under the current CDC/CSO crap.

If you look at what's actually being "tested" on a test cruise the class/size of ship is irrelevant.

@smokeybanditI know and that's my point, the op asked if only one ship per class should do test cruise and I pointed out, being the same is not a factor. I think the whole this is a mess and redundant but from a healthy standpoint I get it. You can't just go to the McDonald on States street and see their cleaning process and then be like all McDonald's are clean. I know its different situation but we know cruise ships got a bed rep. I know they are the cleanest and safest vacation but public perception can be everything some times.