Capacity Limits

Does anyone know what the capacity limits are when sailing starts up after the test cruises. We are going to be on Allure on Aug 22, and I was just curious.

All my travel agent told me was that Royal Caribbean had already decided how many they were goin to accept when offering the sailing. Once they reached the capacity during this phase of the pandemic they were not going to accept any more bookings. Doesn't answer my question about what that capacity will be though. 

18 minutes ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

Does anyone know what the capacity limits are when sailing starts up after the test cruises. We are going to be on Allure on Aug 22, and I was just curious.

All my travel agent told me was that Royal Caribbean had already decided how many they were goin to accept when offering the sailing. Once they reached the capacity during this phase of the pandemic they were not going to accept any more bookings. Doesn't answer my question about what that capacity will be though. 

I don't think that information is being made public.  If it is, I haven't heard.

Well Adventure has been operating at under 40% and in an interview Fain hinted that ships will gradually increase to 50% as the months go on. With them expending medical and leaving room for quarantine I would imagine it to be at 50% or less. That's just speculation based on what I have read and heard. I believe it will not ever get to full capacity on any ship this year, at most 70%

I understand whenever a sailing is removed the thoughts automatically go to cancellations. But if its on a ship that has been approved for test sailings, my mind now goes to its reached capacity. Aug 15th is the first Allure paid sailing, I think it was pulled because they reached capacity.

For all the guesses posted above - this is why 2021 will be a great year to cruise!

I've sailed on a ship where 2/3 cancelled because of a hurricane.  It was fantastic!  No lines, few crowds, lots of space.

2021 is shaping up to be an awesome cruise experience! 

In 2022 and beyond people will be like... "I should have cruised more in 2021 without normal capacity".

1 hour ago, ConstantCruiser said:

For all the guesses posted above - this is why 2021 will be a great year to cruise!

I've sailed on a ship where 2/3 cancelled because of a hurricane.  It was fantastic!  No lines, few crowds, lots of space.

2021 is shaping to be an awesome cruise experience! 

In 2022 and beyond people will be like... "I should have cruised more in 2021 without normal capacity".

That is true.  I didn't wait even one time for an elevator on AOS.  There were lounge chairs available at the pool and plenty of space in the hot tubs.  

15 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Well Adventure has been operating at under 40% and in an interview Fain hinted that ships will gradually increase to 50% as the months go on. With them expending medical and leaving room for quarantine I would imagine it to be at 50% or less. That's just speculation based on what I have read and heard. I believe it will not ever get to full capacity on any ship this year, at most 70%

I understand whenever a sailing is removed the thoughts automatically go to cancellations. But if its on a ship that has been approved for test sailings, my mind now goes to its reached capacity. Aug 15th is the first Allure paid sailing, I think it was pulled because they reached capacity.

I agree. Our cruise was pulled for booking about a month ago. 

1 hour ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

It is at whatever capacity they set. My TA said we are good to go for the 22nd

We will be with you on the 22nd and soooo looking forward to to being there!!!! DW is a TA and got word a month or so ago that they actually opened another 100 cabins and sold out within 6 hours.

18 hours ago, wordell1 said:

What will be interesting is what they will do with the cruises that have been offered from last year and are booked closer to 100%.  Will they cancel some people? If so, what will be the criteria?

There’s a post in a Royal Caribbean Facebook group right now of a travel party that just got cancelled for Friday’s Freedom sailing. Apparently Royal didn’t offer them anything which I find highly suspicious. Trying to figure out a way to verify this rumor, which is what I think it is. 

I know some got cancelled on Anthem out of Southhampton when capacity was reduced from 50% to 40% but those that were cancelled were offered 150% (I think that number is correct, it was several days ago). 

I find it hard to believe Royal wound cancel someone and not offer anything. It was claimed they were booked since February 2020 which I don’t think Freedom was even scheduled for this 3 night out of Miami back then. Sounds fishy