Test Cruise Schedule?

I see Freedom has cruised, and has received her upcheck... Awesome..   Anyone have a link to, or idea of what other ships are in the queue for Test Cruises?  (I'm scheduled to sail on Mariner in September...  I think, if she gets thru the gauntlet)  ?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, barjpoe said:

Well, if they need to sail out of Bayonne, then it'd have to be that long to get to PD and back.

d

That's sort of what I was thinking ... it wouldn't surprise me if that 6 days includes going up to Bayonne and back.

Don't know about the test cruise but Navigator is in Cadiz, Spain for dry dock technical updates at the moment followed by Liberty. We are on the first sailing of Navigator in November so hope all goes well as well as the first sailing of Liberty in September.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Ovation and Odyssey both listed as being test cruise approved.

Both ships were confirmed to have test cruises as of July 5, but no dates were set yet by Royal.

So not sure if dates have been set yet. But it appears the ball is in Royal's court.

On 6/29/2021 at 12:13 PM, smokeybandit said:

Mariner is Aug 11-13

I'm wondering if & when any invites for this one will be sent out ... just like all the rest of you who cruise from Canaveral ... will it be after this week's tests?

also wondering ... after this week's test cruises go well - if THEY decide it's not needed on Mariner or other ships??? 

There are people who got their Indy invites already so I think Mariner will go out next week. Since RCG has decided to continue to adhere to the CDC's CSO and such, the test cruises will continue.

I personally believe we need to accept that the CSO isn't going anywhere until maybe Nov. I am not going to bring up the reasons, at this point we all know why.

It looks like Royal is, very sensibly, prioritizing test cruises for its larger and newer ships.  I am scheduled for a 5 day cruise on the Enchantment in October.  It is a mother/daughter trip with another mother/daughter pair, and we are looking forward to it.  None of us have been to Bermuda, a major draw.  BUT, the time together is more important than the destination.  I have been looking at options and it looks like we can do a four or five night trip on Mariner or Freedom that includes Perfect Day (I'm the only one in the group who has been) for the same, or perhaps slightly less.  Should we wait and hope Enchantment is ready to sail by October or change plans?

Any advice is appreciated.

1 hour ago, Fairlynew said:

Should we wait and hope Enchantment is ready to sail by October or change plans?

A strategy some on these boards use is to double book.

As long as you are okay with the deposit, book both sailings and make a decision closer to sail date. 

With Cruise with Confidence, you can cancel pretty close to your sail date (up to 48 hours) and get a future cruise credit back.

Just wondering…are the “test cruises” (that are not really required) testing the ship, company, port, or a conglomerate mix of all of the above?

Basically, many different ships have used or was suppose to use the Cape Liberty port (Anthem, Adventure, Freedom, Oasis, Celebrity Summit). My question is will each of these ships undergo a test cruise when they eventually (maybe) come to Cape Liberty?

36 minutes ago, RockerDom31 said:

Just wondering…are the “test cruises” (that are not really required) testing the ship, company, port, or a conglomerate mix of all of the above?

Basically, many different ships have used or was suppose to use the Cape Liberty port (Anthem, Adventure, Freedom, Oasis, Celebrity Summit). My question is will each of these ships undergo a test cruise when they eventually (maybe) come to Cape Liberty?

These test cruises, which are still required to sail under 95% vaccinated from US Ports not located in Florida, are part of the CDC's Conditional Sailing Order, which is set to expire on 31 October 2021.

Assuming it doesn't get extended, then Anthem won't need a test cruise for her first sailing out of Cape Liberty in November 2021.

12 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

These test cruises, which are still required to sail under 95% vaccinated from US Ports not located in Florida, are part of the CDC's Conditional Sailing Order, which is set to expire on 31 October 2021.

Assuming it doesn't get extended, then Anthem won't need a test cruise for her first sailing out of Cape Liberty in November 2021.

Got it - thanks for the info!

39 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

Well technically they aren't required anymore, but RC is still following the CSO (which is probably wise since you never know how vindictive the CDC will be, especially since they just violated a SCOTUS ruling with their eviction moratorium extension)

4 hours ago, Jonathan kantor said:

Anyone heard if symphony was approved. Already had test cruise snd noticed Matt didn’t mention anything about it in his blog today about Mariner? 

Good question, did  SYO test cruise happened at all ? Can not find anything about it . What I can see is that that no ability to book it before September.