xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Sep 10, 2021 (Alaska Glacier)

Hello all!
After debating for awhile, decided to YOLO book this cruise today! Our first time to Alaska, 3rd Royal Caribbean cruise. Going to be interesting since we are coming from Canada (but are both fully vaccinated currently, hoping we have no issues with our proof). Very very excited to be back on a ship, it will be strange after being so strict with our lockdowns for the past year. Hoping to still be able to meet some new people, anyone joining us?

Pam and Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 12:14 PM, Vancity Cruiser said:

I will be on 2 weeks after you. My first time on a quantum class. Look forward to hearing about your experience and any tips you may have from your trip

Guessing based on your name you are a fellow Canadian ? I can definitely pass along some tips from our experiences. We are so excited to be on a Quantum class for the first time and to be traveling again, even with the restrictions!

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2021 at 9:14 AM, Vancity Cruiser said:

I will be on 2 weeks after you. My first time on a quantum class. Look forward to hearing about your experience and any tips you may have from your trip

Hello!

Currently sailing on Ovation, in Juneau tomorrow!

Wanted to give you some details on our experience coming from Toronto. Overall it was quite a bit simpler than I expected. Got our rapid antigen test at Shoppers the day of our flight. At the airport they looked over our vaccine records and negative results even before security so have them very handy. Customs took over an hour so make sure to be about 3 hours early I would day. But we were fine, I don't think most others were that organized lol. Had a great day exploring Seattle, they just put a mask mandate in so we felt safe

We had 12pm boarding time. Arrived just after 11am. They check your vaccines and negative test in line before you enter the terminal. The did really go over ours thoroughly and asked a few questions since they aren't as familiar with the Canadian documents but ultimately we were fine to board. And we were on the ship at 11:45! No contact tracelet. Just a purple bracelet to show we are vaccinated and it seems like no staff is bothering to look for them. 

We have about 1900 passengers. Mostly feels empty except I was quite uncomfortable with the lack of social distancing in the MDR and at shows considering masks aren't required and no one seems to understand how to space themselves apart !

Anyways it was all pretty easy and we are having a great time despite some very rough seas !

On 9/14/2021 at 7:44 PM, Vancity Cruiser said:

@WanderPamif possible could you please post an entertainment schedule?

Here you go!  Beautiful Dream and Pixels were great but we didn't go to any other entertainment (we weren't comfortable with people sitting directly beside us with no masks, even with 1900 passengers it got very crowded at popular events). 

20210917_210032.jpg

20210917_210041.jpg

17 hours ago, WanderPam said:

Here you go!  Beautiful Dream and Pixels were great but we didn't go to any other entertainment (we weren't comfortable with people sitting directly beside us with no masks, even with 1900 passengers it got very crowded at popular events). 

20210917_210032.jpg

20210917_210041.jpg

Thanks so much! Very appreciated!

20 hours ago, GKMCruising said:

@WanderPam Looking at your profile picture I feel like I may have passed y'all on board at some point. Was a great trip with great weather, looking forward to going back when our little one is a bit older so we have more options for excursions.

Probably you would have seen us! The ship felt so empty it was amazing! We can't wait to go back to Alaska and do a one way cruise to Seward

38 minutes ago, WanderPam said:

Probably you would have seen us! The ship felt so empty it was amazing! We can't wait to go back to Alaska and do a one way cruise to Seward

Definitely! We were the younger couple with the very social two year old. 🤣

Other advantage of the ship being so empty? Less people to crash into every time the boat rocked. 😅

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Sep 10, 2021 (Alaska Glacier)