What would you do?

Cruise leaves August 2nd from Miami. My son turns twelve three weeks before the cruise so wont be elgible to complete the vaccine regiment. Also I see now he may need an insurance policy. We had one that was rolled from the last cancelled cruise. I have emailed RC numerous times, but no answers.

2 hours ago, Seymoure1991 said:

Cruise leaves August 2nd from Miami. My son turns twelve three weeks before the cruise so wont be elgible to complete the vaccine regiment. Also I see now he may need an insurance policy. We had one that was rolled from the last cancelled cruise. I have emailed RC numerous times, but no answers.

If you have a travel agent, they should help.  If you don’t then I would recommend you call Royal to ask the questions, email may not be the best choice for this type of thing.  

4 hours ago, Seymoure1991 said:

Maybe you can squeeze him in for a Johnson and Johnson one? That's effective 2 weeks from injection so if you get it on his birthday...? That's probably a lot of stress though....

15 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Maybe you can squeeze him in for a Johnson and Johnson one? That's effective 2 weeks from injection so if you get it on his birthday...? That's probably a lot of stress though....

I don't think that one was approved for the under 18 set yet, but I might be wrong.

4 hours ago, Seymoure1991 said:

I believe he can still sail, provided you get the insurance policy.  Royal is probably selling them, so you definitely should call and ask about that.  He will be considered unvaccinated just due to timing.  However you do have the option to get a refund for the cruise now.  August cruises from Florida are now on the Healthy Sail Center list.

Our unvaccinated guests must undergo additional COVID-19 testing at their own expense, provide proof of a valid insurance policy with sufficient medical coverage for needs related to a positive COVID-19 test result, and follow the health protocols described below, which are based on guidance from the CDC.

If you do not wish to undergo or pay for additional testing, or adhere to these health and safety protocols, we are happy to provide you with a refund. We believe that in the coming months, restrictions and requirements will be more accommodating as public health circumstances evolve.

2 hours ago, ClockingOut said:

Can you please elaborate on what this exemption window is?

Just what RC posted on their site.  No reason given but I suspect this is the period where they stated if a passenger tested positive for COVID-19 they would make arrangements and pay for their medical evacuation and quarantine so if you booked during that period you had that contractual guarantee.  Now they are changing the contract saying you need insurance.  Again, just a guess.   In any case, I always get travel insurance for my cruises because you never know.