Has Freedom received the Conditional Sailing Certificate?

18 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Nice! And it seems like it was about a week between completion of the test cruise and receipt of the certificate. That's good turn around time after what we've gotten used to with the CDC.

Gives me good hope for the other test cruises RCG needs to get done.

The application for the CSC doesn't require any info about the test cruise (which is dumb). Just it can only be done after the test cruise (if you're not doing 95%ers). And based on what's required of the CSC application, it's really all just a checklist no different than our packing checklist for a cruise.

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

In other words, the test cruise is a complete waste of time and resources.  My guess is that this requirement will be long gone very soon.

The test cruises don't even test anything. They just ask you do some mundane things that would happen on a cruise ship anyway. The most difficult criteria to satisfy on a test cruise is a mass quarantine exercise, in which 5% of all the guests (ie, 30 people on the Freedom test cruise) have to do a cabin quarantine exercise.

57 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

In other words, the test cruise is a complete waste of time and resources. 

Correct.

Initially it was inserted in the process to give the CDC another choke point where they could halt cruising or drag their feet for months.  If it were not for the Florida lawsuit I am pretty confident that would have been the outcome.  

2 hours ago, ConstantCruiser said:

Correct.

Initially it was inserted in the process to give the CDC another choke point where they could halt cruising or drag their feet for months.  If it were not for the Florida lawsuit I am pretty confident that would have been the outcome.  

Yep. Politics to the side (I'm not a political person and try to steer clear of all conversations) I think the FL lawsuit in general is what lit the fire under the CDCs behind. If not for that, we'd still be talking about next round of cancellations vs next round of ships re-starting.