Double points extended! Yay!

First I was excited, then I read @Matt's blog post and it makes me wonder, does this apply (as before) to all new and existing bookings that sail before 12/2022?  Or to new bookings from this point onwards?

Royal Caribbean announced it has extended the Loyalty 2X Points benefit so that it applies to bookings made between now and September 30, 2021 for cruises sailing through December 31, 2022.

12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

First I was excited, then I read @Matt's blog post and it makes me wonder, does this apply (as before) to all new and existing bookings that sail before 12/2022?  Or to new bookings from this point onwards?

Royal Caribbean announced it has extended the Loyalty 2X Points benefit so that it applies to bookings made between now and September 30, 2021 for cruises sailing through December 31, 2022.

I'm wondering the same thing. I've got a panama canal cruise for oct 2022 and really want those points 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Sharla @michelle are you ladies able to confirm if this includes existing bookings?

FWIW this graphics doesn't seem to indicate the extension applies only to new bookings.

1037379594_ScreenShot2021-06-26at5_04_53PM.jpg.6cb4f02dfb11a646dbc99cd9ed3dc28c.jpg

The C&A website hasn't been updated and still the references the previous Sept. 2022 date. 

I'd be highly surprised if existing bookings did not qualify.

Give it a few days, they will update the website this week. 

All is good!  @Matthas updated it!

Royal Caribbean announced it has extended the Loyalty 2X Points benefit so that it applies to existing bookings, as well as new bookings made between now and September 30, 2021 for cruises sailing through December 31, 2022.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Man, if I can find a way to squeeze a third cruise into 2022, we'll be D+ for our annual spring break cruise in 2023.

Now...how to pull that off

You and me both! I’ve got 3 bookings between October ‘21 to October ‘22 which now will award us 78 points. 14 shy of Diamond Plus. 

Lucky for us we live in Florida so I’m about to start perusing the cheapest 4 night in a JS or 7 day. Now when we go is another issue. I’m sure I can find some time to go! 

Well I may or may not have just booked Harmony for March ‘22 ? YOLO 

I did have the husband blessing to do so. Ended up doing a Central Park balcony, you know to save some money. 

@SharlaI’ll transfer to you soon! Yippee! 

Now we will be Diamond Plus by the end of our Holy Land. Really wanted to get to Plus since we’ve got bucket list cruises in Europe and this will help. 

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Well I may or may not have just booked Harmony for March ‘22 ? YOLO I did have the husband blessing to do so. Ended up doing a Central Park balcony, you know to save some money. 

Now we will be Diamond Plus by the end of our Holy Land. Really wanted to get to Plus since we’ve got bucket list cruises in Europe and this will help. 

‘You’ll get 4 points per night if you bump up to a Junior Suite ???

16 minutes ago, sammy79 said:

Do you know if this applies to a first time RCCL cruiser?  We have a seven night suite scheduled for next October and it would be awesome to get double points.

No, unfortunately,  It is my understanding that you must be at least a Gold Crown & Anchor member in order to qualify for double points....and you would not be granted Gold status until after you complete your first cruise.  But after that ??  Heck Yeah !

8 hours ago, sammy79 said:

Do you know if this applies to a first time RCCL cruiser?  We have a seven night suite scheduled for next October and it would be awesome to get double points.

I couldn’t find anything in the Crown & Anchor FAQ for the double points offer that says you have to be at least a gold member to get double points ………. The only thing I could find was that you MUST give your crown & anchor number when originally making the reservation to get double points ….. do you already have a crown & anchor number even though you haven’t cruised yet?  Did you give your crown & anchor numbers when booking your cruise?  Here’s the link to all the double points the FAQ:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/topics/crown-and-anchor-society-double-points-offer

DC8D8F3F-1031-4B26-B232-098FC4CB2183.jpeg

There is this one in the FAQ, but I don’t think it necessarily means first time cruisers won’t get double points ….. the question was if all people in current levels get double points ……… there wasn’t  anything in the question that made me think a NEW cruiser wouldn’t get double points …… this question isn’t about NEW cruisers ….. I’d call Royal to get a 100% one way or the other answer ….  I really think this question and answer is only answered the way it was because the question had nothing to do with a first time cruiser …..

64AD83CF-A380-4C19-BEC9-D17AC20D5503.jpeg

In the past obtaining an account wasn't difficult.  Assigned status would be "Pre-Gold".

However simply having an account doesn't qualify for this promo.  Having Gold status or higher qualifies one for the double points promo.

Still, knowing Royal, some "Pre-Gold" may end up getting more points so who knows... it's worth a shot, but don't be upset if it doesn't work out. 

YMMV.

2 hours ago, ConstantCruiser said:

In the past obtaining an account wasn't difficult.  Assigned status would be "Pre-Gold".

However simply having an account doesn't qualify for this promo.  Having Gold status or higher qualifies one for the double points promo.

Still knowing Royal some "Pre-Gold" may end up getting more points so who knows... it's worth a shot, but don't be upset if it doesn't work out. 

YMMV.

^^^^^^ THIS

Plus, to have Gold status, you have three points. The only way you get points is by going on a cruise. Pre-Gold is zero points. Offer is only to those with Gold status (for those with a minimum of 3 points), therefore those at Pre-Gold (zero points) will not get those double CA on that first sailing. BIG CAVEAT: This is how the CA page reads. Who knows what they really mean by it.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I just did the math. After June 2022, we'll be 9 points from Diamond plus. A 3-night suite with double points would get us there.

Gotta find a way.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way! However a 7 night in a regular old balcony may be cheaper than 3 nights in a suite. Plus 7 nights is way better than 3, unless vacation time is an issue. 

So after I booked our 7 night on Harmony, (to get us to Diamond Plus), I said to my husband that I should see if it would be cheaper to upgrade to a JS on Odyssey for our Holy Land/Greece. That’s a 12 nighter and a suite would be nice for a long cruise. 

He voted no! He said he’d rather take ANOTHER cruise! I love that man! ❤️ 

11 minutes ago, Jill said:

Where there’s a will, there’s a way! However a 7 night in a regular old balcony may be cheaper than 3 nights in a suite. Plus 7 nights is way better than 3, unless vacation time is an issue. 

Vacation time isn't as much of an issue as it is a "we don't want to take the kid this trip, can we work the trip around grandma's visit" issue. 

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Vacation time isn't as much of an issue as it is a "we don't want to take the kid this trip, can we work the trip around grandma's visit" issue. 

Looks like you need to find a quickie in a suite! That could lead to more children though. Children on vacation with you is pretty good birth control ?

5 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

^^^^^^ THIS

Offer is only to those with Gold status (for those with a minimum of 3 points), therefore those at Pre-Gold (zero points) will not get those double CA on that first sailing. BIG CAVEAT: This is how the CA page reads. Who knows what they really mean by it.

I’d take this with a grain of salt, ….. but I just had to call Royal’s Corwn & Anchor department about something else … so while I had them on the line, I also asked if people with ZERO C&A points get double points too.  She put me on hold to talk to her supervisor, then came back a few minutes later and said whether you have Zero points or 1,000 points, you’ll get double the usual points per night for your booking category as long as your C&A number is connected to your account both before the double points booking deadline and before your final payment date, whichever comes first.