What do you think will happen if the current rules are just allowed to become recommendations?

Personally, I think the cruise lines would basically follow them anyway, Because regardless of what happens in this case, they will still have to deal with the CDC on many other issues and still gives them some cover for enforcing rules because they are following the recommendations. 

I think it will slowly go back but not until at least 2022. All eyes are still on the cruise lines, google has had 4-5 stories repeating and opining about whats going on. The cruise lines cannot afford another shutdown. So I think barring the more ridiculous protocols and measures, cruise lines will still be following the healthy sail rules.

I dont mind some what stricter rules just because we have finally gotten to this point. I think at this point we are just shy of 70% vaccinated in the us, so that means all of the elderly are more than likely vaccinated and the young ones arent, and they arent as at risk to getting it. with that being said the numbers are more than likely at a safe point to return with no vaccine requirement. You can always wear a mast if you personally feel unsafe. for my 2 cents.  

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I think it will slowly go back but not until at least 2022. All eyes are still on the cruise lines, google has had 4-5 stories repeating and opining about whats going on. The cruise lines cannot afford another shutdown. So I think barring the more ridiculous protocols and measures, cruise lines will still be following the healthy sail rules.

Agreed. I think it will certainly make the return to cruising faster and easier however let’s not forget that even before covid the media and those who didn’t know better vilified cruising as a dirty ‘petri dish’. 

Cruiselines have always done as much as they can to protect passengers from sickness and avoid that stereotype and they will continue to do so for covid.