Where Can I See My Balance

Buzzard05

Very new to cruising and have a question about seeing my reservation balance.

I have logged into the Cruise Planner web site, but nowhere do I see my deposits listed and balance.  I want to see if the price I booked is still the best price and I am unable to find the cost of my current reservations.

I am sure this is right under my nose...but I can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You must have booked through a travel agent. When booked through a TA the "payment" tab disappears.

You will have to contact the TA to get the balance information.

A good TA will provide you with a new updated confirmation any time you make a payment or there is any financial (or any change truthfully) transaction on your cruise. If you don't have a confirmation that shows the original cruise fare, due dates and monies paid then you might want to get a new TA next time.

In the meantime, a call to your current TA should get you all of that information.

Every time I make a payment, I request a copy of the Royal Caribbean invoice showing that the payment has been posted as it gives me record of the cabin number, booked guest, any onboard credit, the itinerary, etc.  Some agencies also have their own invoices, but I always ask for the one from Royal, too, if it is not provided.  In most cases, it's provided automatically.

Ya know what ?  All of my "Payments" tabs are missing on the cruises I booked directly, too ! 

You can usually find all of that information on either the "Payments" tab or in the "Cruise Documentation" tab but all of that information is missing this morning. from my cruises

Before I get upset, I am going to wait and see if this is a temporary glitch with the website.  IF not, I will be on the phone with RCI pronto !

So, at the moment, it doesn't look like your payment history, balances, due dates or any of that information is even available to review !  Of course, it should all be on the confirmations that Royal sends you when you make a payment or any other changes but currently, it doesn't appear that there is any way to see that online.

Thanks for bringing this up !

I just checked mine and the site is working. I did it from my iphone so it may different on a computer. After you log in on the middle of the page it says purchased and held cruises.click onthe reservation number. When next page comes lookon the right side in the blue section. Original and balance are posted.

Today when I log in, I see my balance listed in the upper right corner of my reservation page (it wasn't there the past few days).  I will definitely request that information from the get-go when I make future reservations.

If you walk through and make another reservation and notice the price comes out cheaper than what you paid, can you call them and have them adjust your price....or do you need to cancel and just re-book? 

I have gotten 5 price drops since I booked mine and did not have to cancel

It depends on the sale or promotion.  I've had it go both ways.  One was a residency promotion, so they had to cancel the initial reservation and rebook at the lower price.  This was a serious pain as I had already booked the beverage package, shore excursions, etc., which had to be refunded and rebooked.  To make matters worse, the price of the drink package had gone up slightly, so I ended up paying more for it when I rebooked.  However, the additional savings were worth it.

I have 11 cruises booked and every day or every other day I check the prices of the cruises. If they go down and it was booked by my TA I call her and have her call the line and find out if it will be cheaper for me. If I booked it I call the line and ask them to check and see if it will be cheaper. It depends on what sale you booked under, if you got anything free, i.e. OBC, shore excursions, drink package, internet package, you might end up losing on the deal. I have an Alaska cruise in May 2017 and I noticed a price drop and had my TA call and she got the cruise dropped $300, I didn't have any OBC or free stuff so it was good. This same cruise has now increased in price by over $400. I had another cruise for January 2017 and noticed a big price drop, called my TA and she called the line, and what started as a $2000 cruise dropped to $1300, that was a real savings. I had to give up $100 OBC but I didn't care that was too big a drop.

Just remember if you have done your final pay, most of the time it is very hard to get a price drop, sometimes the lines will give you OBC, just to keep you happy.

• 5 years later...
7 hours ago, Gary maebry said:

I went on a cruise a few years ago I had my wallet stolen while I was on the cruise so I couldn’t pay when I got off I promised to pay but never did…. How do I see if I still owe the money so I can book another cruise?????

Check your credit report.  See if you got dinged for nonpayment, e.g., a judgment against you or account turned over to a debt collector.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...