Freedom of the Seas - MDR menus

Heard a rumor that @Mattwill be on the Freedom of the Seas in the near future and I’m hoping he can post the menus from the main dining room here!

actually, anyone on the Freedom could post it :

Here’s the link to podcast episode 411, and the included rumor!

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/podcast/episode-411-adventure-of-the-seas-2021-cruise-review

22 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

You should be able to see menus in the RC app for cruises that are close.

Thanks! It’s starting to populate now, but is clearly not correct.  For example, it says that the MDR is closed on the last night of our sailing.I’ll keep checking as we get closer.  I suspect it won’t be reliable until she sets sail on the first sailing occurs.

I’ve been checking MDR menus from different sailings.  Right now Adventure and Oasis are on the App (probably more). The MDR menu is pretty much the same at least between those 2.  Days 2 & 3 seem to be flip flopped but are otherwise identical.

This was partially addressed on a number of galley tours I've enjoyed.

To optimize the supply chain all Royal ships build their menus from the same set of entrees across the fleet.  The head chef and food & beverage manager can make changes to each night's menu to reflect small differences in guest trends.   For example, if they find that fewer guests have been ordering entrees with a particular protein they can offer a different menu that has more of that type of protein on it.  Instead of one chicken entree there may be two chicken entrees that night.   

Consequently there can be subtle changes between ship menus or even one week to the next on the same ship.  The entrees themselves will be standardized across the fleet just potentially offered in different combinations to make up the menu that guests see each night.

We once went to the MDR, early in the cruise (day 1 or 2 I believe) to try and determine which night would lamb shank night since that's Dan's favorite dish.  The attendant who helped us went to a closet and there we saw literally thousands of paper menus piled in what did not appear to be any coherent order. Eventually the attendant did find the lamb shank menu and determined which day it would be served but it was not a rational process to find that information.  One would think that they had the menus posted somewhere but either that person didn't know where to look or this random sifting through mountains of random paper menus is the accepted process.

From that experience I gleaned that there is generally very little variation in the menu planning.  At least back then....all of the menus were pre-printed.