Post COVID Shutdown GTY Room Assignments - Limited capacity sailings

Our balcony guarantee got us a connecting stateroom balcony aft location, near the stern on deck 7 Independence of the Seas 9/12 /21 cruise.   That location is fine with us.

As far as the connecting stateroom, we have had these rooms several times before and have never noticed any noise.

We are thrilled to have saved major bucks by selecting the guarantee category. 

9 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Let us know how it plays out when you check in at the port! They will have blank luggage tags but I don't know how that works if it still doesn't show you a room number morning of the cruise!

sure I will keep you updated. When I will be there and they will ask for my luggage, I will say " I don't have a cabin, so where will go my luggage?"

10 minutes ago, Kamehameah said:

sure I will keep you updated. When I will be there and they will ask for my luggage, I will say " I don't have a cabin, so where will go my luggage?"

That is my thought exactly. You can't give the porters your luggage before you have a cabin number.

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

This is the first time I've booked a GTY room.  How does Royal inform the guests of room assignments?  Do they send an email or do I have to keep checking my check-in information for the room assignment?

They don't notify you. You just check and see if there's a room assigned.

15 hours ago, Kamehameah said:

1 day to go.... still no cabin.... I think I will go for a new record

Way back before kids and the wife sold travel we used to book last minute cruises under a special "agent" rate.  The only stipulation was we were never assigned a room until we arrived at the ship.  We would have to grab the lead porter who would then get the ship manifest and find out the room assignment to us.  I would bet you could do the same now! 

We always sailed for next to nothing but the stress of waiting to get that room assignment was killer!

On 8/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, teddy said:

Our Balcony Guarantee assignment for our 9/3 Adventure sailing showed up today...Balcony cabin #6568

Grand Suite bid is expired, Junior Suite bid is still pending.   We did our Royal Up bids on July 7th.

It's possible we could get a Junior Suite upgrade, but if not, we are content with the cabin we've been assigned.

Junior Suite upgrade came through last night, along with a lot of other people’s Royal Ups from what my wife saw in the Facebook groups

2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

They have updated my SetSail Pass.  Will they also update my luggage tag? It's blank right now.

Give it 24 hours...if it does doesn't update and the one in your edocs is still blank I think you have to call them to manually get it updated..or you can write the number in yourself!  4 more sleeps to go!

36 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Give it 24 hours...if it does doesn't update and the one in your edocs is still blank I think you have to call them to manually get it updated..or you can write the number in yourself!  4 more sleeps to go!

I already called earlier tonight. They said the system will generate a new eDoc with the updated luggage tag at 3AM.

My OCD will go on overdrive if I have a handwritten luggage tag on my suitcase 😂 

On 9/1/2021 at 11:01 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Thank you, Mr Late Night Royal Phone Agent, for not letting me use handwritten luggage tags.

TAG.thumb.jpg.cad6ccfb0a9c70c52b27512dc649fdcf.jpg

@Matt, are we having issues with attached photos on the message boards?