Allure of the Seas Captain

1 hour ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

Does anyone know who the Allure of the Seas captain is?

Sorry, I don't know the answer but I have a similar question and didn't want to start a new topic.  I was wondering what ship Kate McCue is the captain of.  I think it is a Celebrity ship but I'm worried that she may be reassigned after Covid.  I have never booked a cruise on a Celebrity so I don't know how they compare with Royal so that is the second part of the question.

16 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

Sorry, I don't know the answer but I have a similar question and didn't want to start a new topic.  I was wondering what ship Kate McCue is the captain of.  I think it is a Celebrity ship but I'm worried that she may be reassigned after Covid.  I have never booked a cruise on a Celebrity so I don't know how they compare with Royal so that is the second part of the question.

She is currently working on Celebrity Edge , just started her 3 month contract a few weeks ago and Bug is with her.

21 minutes ago, KenCP said:

She is currently working on Celebrity Edge , just started her 3 month contract a few weeks ago and Bug is with her.

Do these contracts renew every 3 months?  So is there any way to verify who the captain will be say a year from now?

31 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

Curious question: Why do people care who the captain is?

I see a lot of posts on it and I'm always confused since I've not seen the captain on the large ships.  I totally get tracking the Cruise Director since they can be very interactive, but I've never understood caring who the captain is.  

On on one of our cruises we had Captain Johnny Faevelen. You could always see him someone on the ship, he was very active and his announcements were always funny.

13 minutes ago, Myisland said:

Not sure if this helps.......A few days ago Marc Walker (CD on Allure) mentioned it was Capt. Shawn McDuff.  Marc's FB page has gone inactive again so I can't reverify. it.

Sounds like someone I might be able to understand (no strong Norwegian accent, lol).

15 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

Do these contracts renew every 3 months?  So is there any way to verify who the captain will be say a year from now?

It is usually her relief back to back, Captain Costas Nestoroudis. In her horn salute she did say "Sea you in 3 Months!" So I can only assume he is coming back.  They usually are on contract for a couple of years, so this would just be his time off.  

17 hours ago, Myisland said:

Hahahaha....all quite tame.  The chime sound they used to make when it was "your turn for dinner (this was a long time ago)," the bing bong sound of the elevator makes, the chime they ring before an announcement or the sound the scanner makes when they scan your seapass card...take your pick?

Our kids used to think the sound made when you scanned your seapass card sounded like a turkey