International Vaccination Proof

22 hours ago, alamode123 said:

Just got my second dose in Ontario, Canada, and our proof of vaccination is a pdf from the government. Would these be acceptable? 

Not travelling until January, so I'm sure everything will change between now and then, but doesn't hurt to ask.

You also have to a printed copy.  I am sure by January it will change.  It would be nice if there is a worldwide vaccine passport, which I highly doubt will happen.  Governments around the world would never be able to agree on it.  Countries do not recognize all vaccines.  Most countries do not recognize Sputnik IV, some do not recognize Astra Zeneca , etc...   

Bonus of going to pharmacy is getting a real printed label. Put them in the passport, extras I will stick on a flat credit card plastic and then laminate. Honor system was never going to work. Next buzzword will be "booster" shots. The un vaxxed will keep this bug alive and mutating for many years.

12 minutes ago, Royal Blue said:

Bonus of going to pharmacy is getting a real printed label. Put them in the passport, extras I will stick on a flat credit card plastic and then laminate. Honor system was never going to work. Next buzzword will be "booster" shots. The un vaxxed will keep this bug alive and mutating for many years.

The CDC vaccine advisory group met yesterday and discussed booster shots, but no one seemed to think it was something necessary at this time.

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The CDC vaccine advisory group met yesterday and discussed booster shots, but no one seemed to think it was something necessary at this time.

Not now, but I can see this being like the seasonal flu shot. The shorter vax intervals in the US vs Canada is a story still to be told I expect. All the stories i've read is the longer interval is better  than shorter for max anti body levels. But then all could be back to square one if it bounces back and forth between vaxed and unvaxxed people and we get a new variant. Fall , winter will be the real test.

35 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am actually wondering if the info that we upload into the ArriveCAN app can serve as proof.  Because that should show our vaccination status and it's a government run app.

I completed my online check in for Freedom.  It did not ask me to upload or submit proof of vaccination anywhere....

I think they are going to call you and ask. Please clear something up for me, is the Canadian government not allowing you out of the country or telling you if you leave you will not have health insurance? 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

They actually just fished someone out of the Detroit River the other day, they suspect he was trying to cross.  No joke. lol

This shouldn't be funny but I can't help but chuckle about it. Especially contemplating that he did it just to get on a cruise. lmao

but in all seriousness -hope he's okay. From what I hear, there's a serious undertow in that river that makes trying to swim across almost deadly

1 hour ago, cruisinghawg said:

I think they are going to call you and ask. Please clear something up for me, is the Canadian government not allowing you out of the country or telling you if you leave you will not have health insurance? 

At the moment, you cannot cross by land borders if it is non-essential.  You can fly out of the Canada, but you have to quarantine for 14 days when you get back and get testing done over that time period.

As of July 5th, if you are fully vaxxed, you can fly out of the country and return by air without quarantine. No word on the land border (which personally for me is the important thing because I drive and fly out of the US).

Trudeau said on Tuesday, that our border should open in a matter of weeks, not months, for Canadians and Americans, so I am hoping that includes land border as well.

35 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

As of July 5th, if you are fully vaxxed, you can fly out of the country and return by air without quarantine. No word on the land border (which personally for me is the important thing because I drive and fly out of the US).

Only travellers with approved vaccines will be allowed to enter without quarantine.   The only approved vaccines for Canada are Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson. 

All others such as Sputnik V, Sputnik Lite, Sinopharm,etc... are not approved and would considered not vaccinated. 

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

They actually just fished someone out of the Detroit River the other day, they suspect he was trying to cross.  No joke. lol

I'm surprised that the 19-20yo crowd hadn't thought of that in order to get into Windsor.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

At the moment, you cannot cross by land borders if it is non-essential.  You can fly out of the Canada, but you have to quarantine for 14 days when you get back and get testing done over that time period.

Trudeau said on Tuesday, that our border should open in a matter of weeks, not months, for Canadians and Americans, so I am hoping that includes land border as well.

Yeah I get the feeling that the feds are working with their US counterparts to get a common set of standards for exit/entry. AZ not being approved in the US could be a sticking point, seeing as a lot of Canadians (myself included) have gotten at least one shot of that.

4 hours ago, KWong said:

I'm surprised that the 19-20yo crowd hadn't thought of that in order to get into Windsor.

Yeah I get the feeling that the feds are working with their US counterparts to get a common set of standards for exit/entry. AZ not being approved in the US could be a sticking point, seeing as a lot of Canadians (myself included) have gotten at least one shot of that.

Our PHO said that there are discussions happening and it looks like all vaccines recognized by the WHO will be accepted, whether they are approved in certain countries or not (she specifically referenced US recognizing AZ)

The VAST majority of UK has been jabbed with AZ - so a minority of Canadians that received it (me included) need not worry.  

I got a vax very early on and they ran out of cards so my card was a photocopy of a blank card. I insisted on getting an actual card at shot #2 and was lucky enough the same nurse was there to sign again for shot #1 but I know numerous people who's card is a photocopy of a blank card filled out in pen. This happened when they discovered the vials had more doses that anticipated so there was more vaccine than cards at some locations in the early days. My state (california) has since issued digital cards if you need a replacement or if you want a backup. I'm not here to defend California, admittedly the place is nuts but people lose paper cards, people's houses burn down, paper gets wet, things happen and mandating the original card seems a bit arcane. Since California is about 1/8 of the US population and has a digital vaccine card now, I would imagine acceptance will be forthcoming.

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am actually wondering if the info that we upload into the ArriveCAN app can serve as proof.  Because that should show our vaccination status and it's a government run app

We have an app in Alberta called My Health Records with an immunization tab that can be used for proof of vaccination.  

22 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

If you leave Canada you don't have health insurance elsewhere. Canada doesn't have health insurance. It's a government run health system, paid for by taxes.

13 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Can you purchase insurance if you so desire?

For travelling, yes. I have it already through work.

You can also buy insurance for stuff not covered by the government. Dentists, eye glasses, massage therapists, prescription drug coverage etc. Again, covered by my work, but not everyone is.

1 hour ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

Will Royal accept mixing of vaccines (AZ+Pfizer, Pfizer+Moderna) as being fully vaccinated?

This is what I have heard from those who have mixed and matched...After your second dose, let's say you got AZ first and Moderna second, your second paper and pdf (email) will say Moderna - 2 valid doses.  It won't show that AZ was your first dose.  I supposed if they looked into the COVAX system (here in Ontario, don't know what they are using in other provinces) they could find out, but your second copy definitely does not show the mixing.

Here also we only get PDF document with name , passport number, dates of shots and vaccine batch numbers. It's working well for countries which request prove of vaccination (Mostly in Europe) but could not test it entering US as the US not require it but just PCR testing (which only checked during the check in and not in the immigration). 

As I sea it , currently RCL is asking for prove of vaccination which issued  by you government. In that case , since this is what the government issuing it should be enough. Hopefully will be able to confirm it at beginning of September during our next cruise. 

On 6/24/2021 at 11:52 AM, Royal Blue said:

Here in the states, it has been stated not to laminate our vax cards incase a booster is needed and has to be recorded on the card

FAQ from June 28 here:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RTS_FAQs.pdf

4. What vaccines are accepted? Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by a national regulatory authority (such as the U.S. FDA), or global health organization (such as the World Health Organization) are accepted. Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated. Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements

1 hour ago, ConstantCruiser said:

FAQ from June 28 here:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RTS_FAQs.pdf

4. What vaccines are accepted? Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by a national regulatory authority (such as the U.S. FDA), or global health organization (such as the World Health Organization) are accepted. Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated. Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements

The problem is with - "original vaccination record" as many countries just have a pdf file  or a printout , this is the official one .

wonder how they are going to handle it ? , Maybe they will have a book with example from all around the world ?  (like some state police have a book with examples of all international driving license). 

11 minutes ago, Traveler said:

The problem is with - "original vaccination record" as many countries just have a pdf file  or a printout , this is the official one .

wonder how they are going to handle it ? , Maybe they will have a book with example from all around the world ?  (like some state police have a book with examples of all international driving license). 

Initially I expect there will be some questions and prolonged check in experiences while it gets sorted out for anyone who doesn't have what the majority are using in that region.

Over time there will be patterns that will support different documentation standards around the globe.  What the typically cruiser is using in the UK versus what a typical cruiser uses in the US versus a cruiser boarding in Cypress for example.  

Cruising during the restart is going to have some speed bumps along the way.

3 hours ago, Traveler said:

I expect that there will be a couple of standard certificates/QR codes/napkins/whatever developed that can be used universally. 

16 hours ago, Squapat said:

If you reside in Ontario Canada, your Provincial Health insurance does cover you when you are travelling outside the country, but only to the limit of what it would have cost if you were in Ontario.

OHIP Out-of-Country coverage is very limited.  Out-of-Country inpatient services up to $400 per day and outpatient services up to $50 per day.