Vaccines

I find it very interesting that the ships that have recently had 2 passengers and another ship with I believe it was 8 crew, and everyone is fully vaccinated STILL had cases on board.  With this being said with the amount of reading we have done, testing positive can refer to anything from a cold all the way up to Covid 19. So for those who have posted they will NOT cruise on any ship that passengers that are not vaccinated, this proves that even with 100% vaccinated it can still be on the ship.  Possibly some of these people may only be asymptomatic. Or there have been people who have had Covid 19 and have the antibodies.  Of which we read that Cleveland Clinic has said the antibodies are as good as having the vaccine. So is it fair to treat those folks with the antibodies different then those who have been vaccinated? My thoughts have always been the US government and the media have never support the cruise lines, the media never talks about the virus that have sicken large numbers of persons in Las Vegas.  But let something go wrong on a cruise ship and it is all over the news, they can not talk about it enough. Also, last I heard people are able to go to Disney now without masks, my question there is are the asking for proof of vaccines to enter?  Or are the testing everyone that enters Disney? There are more people in Disney at a time then on a cruise ship. If you read the print on a box of masks it states that this will NOT prevent Covid 19, masks don't work.  It is sad to say but the government has used the virus as a political control button and has terrified people to the point that most have forgotten the majority of folks do have an immune system.  I completely understand there are also folks who have very low immune systems and by all means should take all precautions.  I also understand the cruise lines are trying to get up and running again and to accomplish this they will have to cave to some of the demands of the CDC, hopefully with the courts ruling in favor of Florida over the CDC this will get things to calm so everyone can cruise again. Look at Florida's track record through this pandemic, they have done a fantastic job, and did NOT follow the CDC or government guidelines. Also, to those who said they will not cruise unless everyone is vaccinated, they may want to think about everyday life next time they go to a store or a game I guarantee there are more the 50% of the people there are NOT vaccinated.  Besides if you are vaccinated this is YOUR protection from getting the virus, so you are covered.  Don't worry about others around you because once again you are covered! Just some thoughts that you might consider.

22 minutes ago, Marlena said:

To be fair... The 8 crew on Odyssey tested positive less then a week after their vaccine. Its said to only be effective after 2 weeks. So that group was not really considered full vaccinated yet.

Yep! I was under the false impression all Odyssey crew was vaccinated, until I watched one of @CHRIS WONG's vlogs where he mentioned getting the J&J vaccine after already joining the ship; So, the crew isn't fully vaccinated yet.

So, with all those employees traveling to the ship, a few positive cases was inevitable. 

I think this is a Troll post. User only has 2 posts and of course, uses the "key words" I see on every anti-vax, anti-mask, etc post from bots/trolls...."experimental vaccine" (usually aimed at mRNA vaccines, neglecting the fact  that the J&J is MUCH MORE traditional), "see, masks even say on the box they don't protect you!" (which is my favorite, no one said masks protect you from others, it reduces YOUR spread), "Florida did GREAT"....the checkboxes just check themselves.

Hopefully this gets removed. Florida still has amongst the highest case rates in the country and always have...bang up job they did. But, to the original point. This is a troll. 

43 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

Unless I missed something, it appears that you just checked all the same boxes. ?

Touché! I like your jib!  

However, that being said, I am happy to debate anyone, any day, as long as multiple sources can be provided to validate, and cross-check, a point. That I can provide for any above topic to refute.

As an example to the Florida "did a fantastic job" statement. Compared to who? All 50 states? Florida ranks 17th worst overall, so in in the top majority of case loads (top 3rd). And this assumes Florida reports "correctly" which is questionable, but I can only live with the data I have...so technically this is a true statement "amongst the highest case loads in the country" https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/. Refuting bullets is not the same as checking boxes...They are not the worst by any means, but to me "fantastic" means you did better than most...which is not the case. 

image.png.e5289a37fe72642f9883b857f45d3084.png

Another source of data, Florida ranks 18th..so again not disproving my statement. That is the point...not arguing how other states did better or worse, debating "did a fantastic job"...they could have done 32 states better....if they had been in the bottom 25% you could argue "fantastic". .

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us

On 6/20/2021 at 8:44 PM, Justneedtocruise said:

I find it very interesting that the ships that have recently had 2 passengers and another ship with I believe it was 8 crew, and everyone is fully vaccinated STILL had cases on board.  With this being said with the amount of reading we have done, testing positive can refer to anything from a cold all the way up to Covid 19. So for those who have posted they will NOT cruise on any ship that passengers that are not vaccinated, this proves that even with 100% vaccinated it can still be on the ship.  Possibly some of these people may only be asymptomatic. Or there have been people who have had Covid 19 and have the antibodies.  Of which we read that Cleveland Clinic has said the antibodies are as good as having the vaccine. So is it fair to treat those folks with the antibodies different then those who have been vaccinated? My thoughts have always been the US government and the media have never support the cruise lines, the media never talks about the virus that have sicken large numbers of persons in Las Vegas.  But let something go wrong on a cruise ship and it is all over the news, they can not talk about it enough. Also, last I heard people are able to go to Disney now without masks, my question there is are the asking for proof of vaccines to enter?  Or are the testing everyone that enters Disney? There are more people in Disney at a time then on a cruise ship. If you read the print on a box of masks it states that this will NOT prevent Covid 19, masks don't work.  It is sad to say but the government has used the virus as a political control button and has terrified people to the point that most have forgotten the majority of folks do have an immune system.  I completely understand there are also folks who have very low immune systems and by all means should take all precautions.  I also understand the cruise lines are trying to get up and running again and to accomplish this they will have to cave to some of the demands of the CDC, hopefully with the courts ruling in favor of Florida over the CDC this will get things to calm so everyone can cruise again. Look at Florida's track record through this pandemic, they have done a fantastic job, and did NOT follow the CDC or government guidelines. Also, to those who said they will not cruise unless everyone is vaccinated, they may want to think about everyday life next time they go to a store or a game I guarantee there are more the 50% of the people there are NOT vaccinated.  Besides if you are vaccinated this is YOUR protection from getting the virus, so you are covered.  Don't worry about others around you because once again you are covered! Just some thoughts that you might consider.

The vaccines are 95% effective, which is excellent, never has it been said that the vaccines offer 100% immunity. No vaccine in history has offered that. What they do guarantee, 100%, is you wont end up in the hospital fighting for your life. I work in a hospital. Today is our first day since March 2020 we do not have any COVID patients. In the past 3 months every patient in the hospital, some of whom died, were guess what? NOT Vaccinated. What the Celebrity Millennium demonstrated was the effectiveness of the vaccines at stopping spread. 2 patients (who were vaccinated) tested positive but asymptomatic, and not 1 other crew member or passenger tested positive. That's 2 people out of about 1300. Amazing results.