Cruise Stop - Bahamas Health Visa needed?

We’re sailing in August and have just the stops in Nassau and Perfect Day. Was wondering if any of the people sailing in July were told if they needed the Bahamas health visa for the “day stops”.  I’m “the planner” for our group of 7 and have warned everyone that it “could” be a requirement, but haven’t seen anything yet that tells me yes or no. I’m sure Royal will provide us information when they have it, but want to stay ahead of this since not all parties are will be traveling to Florida at the same time.  Thanks.

note: all parties are fully vaccinated

They haven't released any info with respect to this yet as far as I know.  It will be interesting to see if they work out something with the Bahamian government for port stops.  If each passenger was responsible for figuring out their own Bahamas Health Visa, since the Freedom cruises aren't vaccinated-only sailings, some would have to figure out how to properly coordinate the timing of their test.  CocoCay is technically still the Bahamas so all cruises visiting there may be faced with this issue.

My thoughts if testing is still required for those that are unable/unwilling to show proof of vaccination...

The boarding day test should cover any testing required the length of the voyage for entry to the Bahamas, recall Freedom is doing 3 and 4 night sailings. Thought process is the ship card could act as the equivalent of the health visa. One way or another the passengers that would have been required to get a health visa would either have a boarding day PCR test or be vaccinated.

Just got off the phone with RC. The woman I spoke with seemed to think that unless you were flying into the Bahamas or staying there (and just doing stops/excursions), a Bahamas health visa would not be needed.

When I pointed out that the Bahamas' official website said that all visitors would require a health visa, she said she wasn't sure and that RC would email us with the requirements.

So yeah...still not sure.

8 minutes ago, NickNafster79 said:

Just got off the phone with RC. The woman I spoke with seemed to think that unless you were flying into the Bahamas or staying there (and just doing stops/excursions), a Bahamas health visa would not be needed.

When I pointed out that the Bahamas' official website said that all visitors would require a health visa, she said she wasn't sure and that RC would email us with the requirements.

So yeah...still not sure.

Thanks for the information!  I really figured we would have to wait and see what Royal sends out.  I suspect that the emails will start arriving the first week of July to get the August cruisers on it.  It seems like a straight forward process and we plan to apply for the visit about 3 weeks before our cruise, assuming we've received the relevant information.